Home

Why do people control all 32 teams?

This is a discussion on Why do people control all 32 teams? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why do people control all 32 teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhackler
So the Jets are keeping Wilkerson and the Patriots are keeping Shane Vereen? The CPU isnt dumping almost every single backup QB in the 2nd year of the chise for UDFAs or terrible rookies?

I'm not buying it.

It's also very telling with the Linebacker position. The CPU seems to love dumping vets for 44 overall rated UDFA's after year 1.

On another note... im in year 3 of my recent franchise (only controlling 1 team) and the Giants have drafted a TE in the first round in EVERY draft! The Seahawks have 2 1st round QB's both 82+ overall. For realistic future rosters 32 team franchise is really the only way to go.
Don't "buy it" then. Let me tell you something, it's clear you think I'm a "fan boy" or whatever of Madden, but I'm definitely not. Look around on here, I'm not praising the game by any means. In fact, this is the 1st time I've actually bought a current gen. Madden.

However, I have played them at friends' houses in the past, and I can say this one is the "best" I've played on current gen.

I'm also on PS3, what system are you on?? They are Drafting properly, cutting scrubs, etc. I am pleased as to what I'm seeing in that regard.

I see that the 49ers guy above me is saying that he's seeing what I'm seeing. I wonder what system he's on as well?? Maybe that's the issue?? I don't know...like I said, I hope it's fixed for everyone, though.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #18
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
I haven't noticed it happening either.

The worst free agent that I've seen released by CPU controlled teams was Marcel Reese in my 2nd year.
u and Boise musta purchased the only 2 copies that didn't have this issue then
Old 10-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #19
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
I guess I have that copy too. I don't have any bugs I read about on here. No shoulder pad problems, no simulation problems in franchise, nothing really.

Only problem I have is CPU teams keeping 4 QB's a year and more times than not, 2 of them are 30-50 ovr.

I also read about people using draft classes and the CPU teams draft all P and K in the first round. I never had that problem either.

And as for CPU teams releasing good players, the only positions I see being released that are 85+ ovr are OL, DT, and TE's.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:02 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
LMFAO.....
Old 10-03-2011, 12:02 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 11

I'm on the X-Box 360.

And before anyone calls me a fanboy, I think they should take a look around some of these forums. I am anything BUT a Madden fanboy. I am an avid, vocal Madden ***** that's not shy about expressing my dislike of Madden at any opportunity that I get. I am not looking for reasons to defend Madden, but this is one situation that I can't take a shot at Madden on. My experience has not had the wonky UDFA problem.

Maybe I also don't see it as a problem either because it's not exactly unrealistic. In real like, good players like Terrell Owens, Lofa Tatupu and Kelvin Hayden are still without team, while plenty of "scrubs" and UDFA get spots on rosters.

As far as players getting released by their teams, like I said, the worst release I saw was Marcel Reese. I think we can all agree that Marcel Reese, while a pretty decent player, is no incredible superstar that I team simply couldn't part with. I haven't checked his former team's roster to see who they released him for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #22
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

It's pretty simple.

People control all 32 teams to make up for the fact that the computer does a worse job managing it's rosters than the human player does. Whether it's how they draft, who they sign, who they cut, some combination of the above or something else. It's not really worth sitting here arguing whether or not the CPU handles UDFA correctly or not. The root of the issue is that it's just too easy to eventually build a powerhouse team when the CPU does a worse job building its rosters. Even without any UDFA stuff it'd probably still be worth controlling all 32 like it has been in the past before the UDFAs were even an issue.

If you don't experience the same issues or the cpu handles its rosters just as good as you do...then no, there's no point in controlling all 32.

Last edited by poopoop; 10-03-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #23
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoisePanther
I'm also on PS3, what system are you on?? They are Drafting properly, cutting scrubs, etc. I am pleased as to what I'm seeing in that regard.

I see that the 49ers guy above me is saying that he's seeing what I'm seeing. I wonder what system he's on as well?? Maybe that's the issue?? I don't know...like I said, I hope it's fixed for everyone, though.
Bought mine for PS3. Never had any bugs or glitches.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
I guess I have that copy too. I don't have any bugs I read about on here. No shoulder pad problems, no simulation problems in franchise, nothing really.

Only problem I have is CPU teams keeping 4 QB's a year and more times than not, 2 of them are 30-50 ovr.

I also read about people using draft classes and the CPU teams draft all P and K in the first round. I never had that problem either.

And as for CPU teams releasing good players, the only positions I see being released that are 85+ ovr are OL, DT, and TE's.
Yup.

The only problems I really have with the game is the on-field foundation of the gameplay, which I feel is extremely flawed.

I've always felt that Madden was strong with it's features and how they were implemented. I just can't get past what I feel to be horrid gameplay.

But off the field? The game is wonderful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »