Home

Why do people control all 32 teams?

This is a discussion on Why do people control all 32 teams? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #33
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Why do people control all 32 teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
And not every UDFA should be like 30 ovr. Look at Tony Romo, Jeff Garcia, Josh Cribbs, Pierre Thomas, Willie Parker, Wes Welker, Ryan Grant, ect.
Fast WILLIE PARKER......good times ...
Old 10-03-2011, 12:20 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
And not every UDFA should be like 30 ovr. Look at Tony Romo, Jeff Garcia, Josh Cribbs, Pierre Thomas, Willie Parker, Wes Welker, Ryan Grant, ect.
I had an UDFA come to me when I was doing a Seahawks 'Chise, and he was a 71 OVR SS.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #35
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoisePanther
I had an UDFA come to me when I was doing a Seahawks 'Chise, and he was a 71 OVR SS.
Highest I ever saw on my team was a 57 LG.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #36
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
Well something is going on with Marcel Reese in my franchise mode, because he keeps getting released.

I saw him in free agency, and I picked him up because his skill set fits my offensive scheme. Then I looked at his career statline...

Apparently, the Raiders dropped him in year 1, because his statline shows him having played for Atlanta. Then Atlanta apparently didn't pick up his contract, because he was sitting in free agency for me in year 2.

But he's the only player that I've seen getting released like that. Outside of the players that were 1.) already there to start the year (T.O., Tatupa, Hayden, etc.) or 2.) players who's contracts expire and don't get picked up, there aren't really quality players sitting out there in free agency. They aren't getting released by their teams. And the CPU seems to be signing legitimate players.

For instance, in season 1, I played against the Lions, and Matthew Stafford was injured and not playing. So Detroit brought Troy Smith out as the starter - a player that I had during the pre-season but released when I made my final roster. So the CPU went out and got one of the better available players when their starter went down. Didn't seem out of line to me.
Raiders DO NOT have a better option at FB..which is my issue...im sure they kept some UDFA scrub?......ur Lions example is not unreasonable since Troy Smith doesnt fit the UDFA mold....Shaun Hill is a better backup tho....but we're not gunna get into that
Old 10-03-2011, 12:24 PM   #37
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoisePanther
It's the Seahawks...what else u expect?
Old 10-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by raneman85
When you control all 32 teams you can have the CPU control the management of the other 31. Then you have the ability to override what the CPU does. You don't retain this option controlling only one team.
This is my plan. I am hoping that there is a patch out by the time I finish my NCAA season so I can play the Panthers yr 1 w/o "super-human CPU LBS"!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #39
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
Why do people do this, why would you want to control every single team.
You don't really control every team. You can set it up to control as much or as little as you want. The reason you do it is to have more control over the league and to fix AI mistakes (lack of CPU to CPU trades for example).

It's the best way to enjoy the game for most people.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
You don't really control every team. You can set it up to control as much or as little as you want. The reason you do it is to have more control over the league and to fix AI mistakes (lack of CPU to CPU trades for example).

It's the best way to enjoy the game for most people.
The funny thing is I never have played it that way but w/ the URFA I feel I have no choice. I really don't want to have to monkey w/ every single cut but oh well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »