Home

Why do people control all 32 teams?

This is a discussion on Why do people control all 32 teams? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
TheSaints7

OVR:
Why do people control all 32 teams?

Why do people do this, why would you want to control every single team.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Why do people control all 32 teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
Why do people do this, why would you want to control every single team.
it's not that we choose to control every single team..But when u have the CPU cutting a quality backup for an UDFA whose 32 one week then miracously jumps up to a 92 the next week, that's a glaring mistake...Also the draft comes into play....If u don't control other teams, they will end up drafting punters/kickers in the first round or a franchise QB when they already have one entrenched....i don't play any of the other team's games.....I just preach realism and want what's close to it
Old 10-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
it's not that we choose to control every single team..But when u have the CPU cutting a quality backup for an UDFA whose 32 one week then miracously jumps up to a 92 the next week, that's a glaring mistake...Also the draft comes into play....If u don't control other teams, they will end up drafting punters/kickers in the first round or a franchise QB when they already have one entrenched....i don't play any of the other team's games.....I just preach realism and want what's close to it
I apparently might be in the minority here, but this doesn't happen in my Franchise at all. They retain the right people, and Draft damn accurately. I guess I got lucky with my copy or something??
Old 10-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoisePanther
I apparently might be in the minority here, but this doesn't happen in my Franchise at all. They retain the right people, and Draft damn accurately. I guess I got lucky with my copy or something??
U haven't had ONE single team cut a high-round draft pick and kept some scrub UDFA?
Old 10-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
Pro

JeriousNorwood's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
You just aren't paying attention. They cut their 1st and 2nd round picks during the preseason all the time to keep some 40 rated made up player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2011, 03:23 PM   #6
Rookie

one5beast's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
the teams drafting Punters and kickers in the first round happens with the NCAA draft classes.
So I'm guessing you just use the generated madden draft classes
Old 10-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #7
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by one5beast
the teams drafting Punters and kickers in the first round happens with the NCAA draft classes.
So I'm guessing you just use the generated madden draft classes
i have no issue with that as that's the route im going but what i do have a problem with is teams cutting high draft picks for UDFA's....that part is unacceptable in my book
Old 10-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 0

In the first year of my franchise, the Jets cut Muhammad Wilkerson, their first round pick DT. I picked him up, of course. I haven't noticed any other teams doing that so far and I'm in my second season now. I'm sure it may have happened, but maybe the released players weren't good enough to notice. There are just too many players rated in the 50s and 40s on this game. These players are ridiculously bad and no one would sign them unless they had a TON of injuries. The CPU needs to stop generating so many players and teams need to stop signing them. I've seen WRs with like 60 speed. C'mon, man. That's ridiculous. I like realism, but I just don't have the time to pick all 32 teams and make all those trades and draft picks, etc. That's just to much work for me. How about EA making the game stop doing stupid stuff so we don't have to make up for it? Isn't that what roles are for? So if a team has a 1st Round Pick, Future Star or Franchise QB, they don't draft another QB in the first round?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »