Home

Watching SNF and the Jets are cheesing

This is a discussion on Watching SNF and the Jets are cheesing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2011, 04:55 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Watching SNF and the Jets are cheesing

The Patriots have had a lot of players play on multiple sides of the ball. Some examples off the top of my head:

-Troy Brown played defensive back on occasion, and picked off Drew Bledsoe after he went to Buffalo if I remember correctly.

-Troy Brown also played quarterback for a series (again, if memory serves correctly)

-Randy Moss played defensive back in prevent situations, and I believe had at least one pick

-Mike Vrable played a TON of goal-line tight end for the Pats during the Super Bowl years, and had several touchdowns.

-I believe Richard Seymour played fullback for a couple of games

-This season, since the Patriots don't carry a fullback they have been using Dane Fletcher (inside linebacker) as a lead blocking back.

-Ray Ventrone used to be a bottom of the depth chart receiver and safety in addition to being a special teams stud

-Although Matthew Slater is now basically a special teams ace and bottom of the depth chart wide receiver, he played a bit of safety earlier in his career.

I was only trying to think of players who played positions on both sides of the ball, not so much multi-positional players on one side of the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Yeah, my take on it would be that EA draft classes and current players in the game should have a few unique talent combinations that make some of these small sub-roles a smart coaching move if you know your roster talent well.

They should be sparse, of course, but they should be there just to mimic some of that real-life variety.

All of this is predicated on the notion that position specific ratings actually do matter in Madden, more so than speed. It's not clear that this is the case, so you have to contextualize things in that way.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #27
Rookie

Oh, another one is that Wes Welker can kick field goals (and Doug Floutie could drop kick the ball). I would love to be able to put Welker as my number two kicker instead of Mesko, because in real life situations when Gostowski is hurt Welker takes PATs and short field goals, not the punter.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:00 AM   #28
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Old 10-06-2011, 03:56 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84

LOL, I need to edit Ocho's kick ratings next time I'm in franchise
Old 10-06-2011, 04:30 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
definetly not....it's nice to see teams that are usually not shown on national TV...
Ummm, what? Since when is NBC, CBS and Fox not National television???? If anything, ESPN isn't, because you have to subscribe to cable/satellite to watch ESPN. The big 4 are available in every market in the country over the airwaves for free.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:06 AM   #31
Rookie

That video is awesome. Chad Ochocinco kicking for the Bengals (something that Belichick does with Welker, did with Flutie) against his current team (The Patriots), replacing then-Bengal Shayne Graham who was most recently on the New England Patriots. Weird stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »