Home

The major problem with injuries...

This is a discussion on The major problem with injuries... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2011, 07:16 PM   #25
Rookie

KBscholar's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The major problem with injuries...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwRiter94
He is right about the whole Probable/Questionable/Doubtful/Out thing. As realistic as you may think it would make the game, it's actually useless, as a) as soon as you finish a game in one week it sims to "Gameday" of the next week, and b) the coach decides who is marked as what, so that wouldn't help you at all.

An NFL Head Coach style system would work better, IMO.
No, it's not totally useless. You, as the Coach/GM could decide if a player, who happens to be listed as Questionable, should play or not in the upcoming game. Say if that player is Questionable, he would have a lower overall rating, of say -8. He would also have a chance of further aggravating that injury. So by seeing all of the injury reports, you could elect to keep your player out, depending on the matchup. Also, you could scout the opponents injury report, to possibly seek out head-hunting an opponent, and putting him out of the game easier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBscholar
No, it's not totally useless. You, as the Coach/GM could decide if a player, who happens to be listed as Questionable, should play or not in the upcoming game. Say if that player is Questionable, he would have a lower overall rating, of say -8. He would also have a chance of further aggravating that injury. So by seeing all of the injury reports, you could elect to keep your player out, depending on the matchup. Also, you could scout the opponents injury report, to possibly seek out head-hunting an opponent, and putting him out of the game easier.
Exactly. As it is now, the second the injury time has elapsed, the player is back to 100%, which is just not how injuries work.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:03 PM   #27
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I feel your point OP and we can hope that Madden 13 builds on the current in-game injury decisions by carrying them over, week to week. Like someone else stated, a perfect example is how NBA2k11 handles lingering injuries apart from serious, debilitating ones.

These was even done somewhat in Tecmo Super Bowl with player conditions and that was on Nintendo. lol

The foundation is there in Madden now, they just need to build on that.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:08 PM   #28
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokeff
Well maybe my sim slider works different than yours, but when I turn it up, everyone in the league gets hurt and when I turn it down, everyone is Superman.

But hey, if you say it doesn't work...

It isn't me saying it, it is every other person on the forum as well - you don't need to be rude man. The slider doesn't affect simmed games, even EA has said as much.

If you think the slider worked that way then you simply got lucky once, it doesn't - there are dozens of threads discussing this with people that actually know whether or not it should work confirming that it does not.

Last edited by Pandetta; 10-04-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:21 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokeff
You guys do realize that there is a slider that controls the amount of injuries in franchise mode right?

It takes less than a minute to go in and turn it down some, or hell, just turn it off.

You can also turn off injuries if it really bugs you that bad for sim or the games you actually play respectively.
I'm sorry, but sliders aren't some "fix all" setting. Problems can and do exist beyond slider settings.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:03 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 4

this is just yet another feature that didn't come over to the next-gen ones.. let's hope ea doesn't get another exclusive deal so they can introduce it as a "new" feature once theres competition again
Old 10-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #31
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

To echo some of the same sentiments as some others in this thread, Madden could really use the probable, questionable, doubtful, out, settings.

Think about it: this game is missing the drama of the week leading up to Sunday's games. So much of following the NFL constitutes staying up-to-date on the injury progression of players. Is Dez Bryant's thigh clearing up? Will Orland Scandrick be able to go this week?

I've been saying for a couple years that Madden could use an in-exact injury system. Instead of guys being out say 4 weeks, make it 2-4 weeks and give the injury/toughness rating the authority to determine the amount of time a player is out.

With an in-exact injury system, we could find a use for the probable, questionable, etc statuses. Still, this system would work best if franchise emphasized what happens during the week, and not just Sunday to Sunday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeks
Come on, EA. This is NOT that hard.
I sure wouldn't want the responsibility of programming a football game played by millions of critics.

Send in your application to EA... This looks like a job for Beeks!!!

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »