Home

Will this ever be changed? If not, why?

This is a discussion on Will this ever be changed? If not, why? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Will this ever be changed? If not, why?

Substitutions, why can’t I sub FS/SS for my Linebackers?

Dealing with little bitches who can’t win without Mike Vick, one of my main weapons to keep the scrambling at bay was to put my safety (last year Danieal Manning 96 speed rating) at Linebacker and spy Vick. 90% of the time, it prevented Vick from getting any crazy yards on scrambling and in a lot of cases prevented him from running at all.

But for some reason, I cannot make these substitutions anymore. The most logical thing I can do to prevent it now is to sub Peppers in at LB and spy Vick. But bottom line, I think it's just insane that I can't make a simple substitution like this because this is something that most NFL teams would do. I thought EA said that "if it's in the game, it's in the game"???

I don’t pay too much attention to the updates/news EA sends out, but have they addressed this issue at all?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Will this ever be changed? If not, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat18934
Substitutions, why can’t I sub FS/SS for my Linebackers?

Dealing with little bitches who can’t win without Mike Vick, one of my main weapons to keep the scrambling at bay was to put my safety (last year Danieal Manning 96 speed rating) at Linebacker and spy Vick. 90% of the time, it prevented Vick from getting any crazy yards on scrambling and in a lot of cases prevented him from running at all.

But for some reason, I cannot make these substitutions anymore. The most logical thing I can do to prevent it now is to sub Peppers in at LB and spy Vick. But bottom line, I think it's just insane that I can't make a simple substitution like this because this is something that most NFL teams would do. I thought EA said that "if it's in the game, it's in the game"???

I don’t pay too much attention to the updates/news EA sends out, but have they addressed this issue at all?
YES... But you're a bit late.

In Madden '03 you had 100% control of your roster. You could play a DB at punter, DE at QB, etc... And many people did just that. So EA restricted the subs and added packages so we could use pre-assigned sub packages that the NFL uses without having to change players in the depth chart.

If you use a playbook with the 46 normal formations, for example, there is a SPEED package that replaces 1 linebacker with a defensive back.

When you're in the play call screen, move the right stick left/right BEFORE you pick your formation. You can do it afterward, but you won't see the number of the player in each spot.

As a fan of free substitutions, I realize that there are some kooky things that total freedome according to NFL rules will afford those with a gimmicky brand of football.

Later
Old 10-06-2011, 01:21 PM   #3
Rookie

Yeah, but even LAST YEAR I was able to sub the safety for a LB.

I understand there’s a lot of people out there who would take advantage if they were given total freedom (e.g. putting WRs or CBs in at QB) but I should at least be able to make reasonable subs like the one I previously mentioned
Old 10-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
Rookie

I'll try using the right-stick and see if there's a package where i can put a safety in at LB, but i'm pretty sure there wasn't one in the "dollar" defensive package
Old 10-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0
It's because online play ruins offline play since they incorporate stupid restrictions to prevent cheering online.

But of course that doesn't stop the CPU from playing Greg Jennings at DB and getting a pick 6 against me during the regular season
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »