Home

This game can be so frustratingly evil....

This is a discussion on This game can be so frustratingly evil.... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: This game can be so frustratingly evil....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
What are you slider settings on? Relevant sliders are ints. for cpu and qb acc and wr catch for user. I know what you mean with some of the picks sometimes but it is video game and I guess I have to say that sometimes because the percentages say there should be a pick at some point, the cpu does it. But truly with my slider settings I'd say that most picks were my fault for trying to force something. Often in a game a force a pass in certain situations and lead the receiver with the stick and get a nice completion but if I go to the well too often sooner or later the cpu picks it....even if the guy was just as open as before, or certainly covered no more closely.
Which reminds me of something you said. IRL a certain play may work many times but eventually the defense get's wise to it. It's not unusual for a DB to bait the QB into making a throw and then jumping the route. It may not look too real in Madden but I guess that's what they are mimicking.
I've spent the last three years trying to toy with sliders. I have used sliders of my own. I have used sliders posted on these forums. And not once have I found a slider set that provides me a playable franchise mode.

If I lower the CPU's break tackle slider to stop the stupid broken tackles, then the CPU fails to have an offense. The CPU relies on the broken tackles to have an offense. The AI is not good enough to have a good offensive performance without cheesing their way through broken tackles, or cheese deep balls.

I have tried lowering the CPU Interceptions slider, and all that happens is that the CPU stops defending the pass altogether. Instead of just knocking down passes as opposed to catching them, CPU defenders just stop defending.

3 years I've been trying to find a decent slider set, and nothing out there provides me an enjoyable experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 08:32 AM   #26
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeks
I can't win by more than 14 points. If I ever get a big lead, you can bet the CPU will force a fumble, or get a pick 6.

I could run the ball all day long and not fumble, but if I'm up big late in the game, even if I use the cover ball button, the CPU will strip it, recover it, break 6 tackles and make it a one score game.

I play my franchise on All-Madden/cranked sliders and win by 21+ with frequency, it isn't THAT bad. Honestly as long as you don't have cpu interceptions really high nothing else seems like it's out of line.

Last edited by Pandetta; 10-06-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:26 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
I've spent the last three years trying to toy with sliders. I have used sliders of my own. I have used sliders posted on these forums. And not once have I found a slider set that provides me a playable franchise mode.

If I lower the CPU's break tackle slider to stop the stupid broken tackles, then the CPU fails to have an offense. The CPU relies on the broken tackles to have an offense. The AI is not good enough to have a good offensive performance without cheesing their way through broken tackles, or cheese deep balls.

I have tried lowering the CPU Interceptions slider, and all that happens is that the CPU stops defending the pass altogether. Instead of just knocking down passes as opposed to catching them, CPU defenders just stop defending.

3 years I've been trying to find a decent slider set, and nothing out there provides me an enjoyable experience.

I would really challenge you to try my sliders...I'm curious as to what results you'd get. You don't need the break tackle slider high to give the cpu and offense. Mine is at 25, but I have blocking at 35, sometimes go to 40. My defense vs the run sliders are set to make it easier for the cpu to block, which is the key. You want him to open holes, not be superman when he has the ball. I hear your frustration and believe me I've been there (my wife can attest to all sorts of vulgar language and sounds of things breaking, coming from the basement late at night ).
I am a perfectionist about gameplay and stats...and I can honestly say that I'm happy with the game results I'm getting. Do I have BS games sometimes? Yes but they happen in real life. Imagine if the Jet/Raven game was madden. I know I'd be bitching that "he returns to fumbles for TD's and Pick six too?????? That's BS, that never happens...."

I'd love to help you man, just check out my sliders and converse with me there. I KNOW we can get your experience to be much better.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 10-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 34

The only time i get frustrated with the game is online, when i run into those games where there is blanket man-route mirroring all over the field for an entire game.

you know the games i'm talking about: those games where linebackers are matching the routes of slot WRs and TE's that they couldnt cover in their wildest fantasies.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Having realistic stats is one thing but to have a shoddy way of how we get there is another. I had a game last night in which I had Boldin in the slot and he was running an out route. For some reason the CB covering him lined up in the box (man to man coverage) over the guard. On the snap another CB covering my TE got in Boldin's way and of course WR's have no clue of how to go around people But what this did was mess up the movements of CB covering Boldin and once Boldin got around the other guy as I am looking at the screen the CB covering him was way behind the route. Ahhh low in behold, but as soon as I throw the football, that CB comes out of no where and undercuts the pass and picks it off. Quite DUMB and not believable all the way around.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Wait... What are we saying?

Are we saying that receivers don't drop open passes?

Slow down. Having the perfect play call, blocking it perfectly, delivering a perfect pass to the open man, and having him drop it isn't just a frustration Madden players...

Anybody remember Jackie Smith (ie. The Sickest Man in America)? GREAT TE with GREAT HANDS for years - but we only know him as the guy thta dropped the TD in the end zone in the Cowboys Super Bowl. I'm sure Tom Landry was just as frustrated as you were when Nicks dropped his pass.

Dropping open passes isn't new... NFL players have been doing it since before any of us were born.

When it happens on Madden - you get to be frustrated like NFL coaches of old. Chalk it up to the "simulation" experience.

Later
OH MY GOD. I'm agreeing with you on something!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »