Home

Arm Strength or Accuracy?

This is a discussion on Arm Strength or Accuracy? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-06-2011, 11:59 PM   #9
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Arm Strength or Accuracy?

I don't really have much of a preference, but I have had a lot of success using lower rated quarterbacks with below average arm strength. For the past three Maddens, I've been able to win the league MVP with Trent Edwards and make him into a perennial Pro Bowler (with only a high 70's OVR). Even on the last gen system, I did fine with Danny Wuerffel for a few seasons in Madden 05. So I guess accuracy is more important when you're playing the games yourself.

Although like someone else pointed out, throw power can never increase, while accuracy can. So when I draft a young QB, THP is more important. Also, when simming games, it seems the quarterbacks with the higher THP will average more yards per completion.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:07 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 12

It has to be a combination, but if you are forcing me to choose between Cam Newton (cannon arm, but terrible accuracy) and Chad Pennington (good accuracy, but noodle arm), I would have to choose accuracy over power.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:38 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Accuracy for me.
I don't go long much.
I like to throw short passes until whoever i'm playing starts to call plays that protect the short passes then I go long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 01:40 AM   #12
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

I love Ryan Mallet, his awareness doesn't matter for player and he is the only QB in the game with THP of 98 (Stafford is 97 to the previous poster). If you are controlling him he is honestly almost overpowered because he only balanced by his lack of awareness (considering he is a rookie).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »