Home

When Are The Scouting Pack Retirement Pack Thingies Comming Out?

This is a discussion on When Are The Scouting Pack Retirement Pack Thingies Comming Out? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #9
Rookie

KBscholar's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: When Are The Scouting Pack Retirement Pack Thingies Comming Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLegend
They were released the same day as the game. NCAA STILL charges you an extra two dollars if you want to use the recruiting advisor, it's ludacris. Disc locked content is a BIG problem with developers this gen, mainly EA and Activison.

I don't get mad over optional DLC, that's fine. But when you are charged extra for something that should logically be in the game it's like someone's spitting in your face. Being disc locked just makes it worse.

That's like paying 5 dollars for a value meal, and not getting the hamburger inside the bun, gotta pay an extra 2 dollars for the meat AFTER they hand you your food. Makes no sense.
You are looking at it all wrong. The game costs the consumer $60, which EA may get only like $40 of it, after paying Microsoft, Sony, etc. Now here comes the business aspect of it. Say it takes 5000 man hours to program the game. EA has a budget, like any well run business. So they try to squeeze everything they can into the game, while still attempting to make a profit. Those other little DLC extras cost money because they feel that those are above the realm of their base video game, which many consumers do not want. So the amount of time and money to have those extras, needs to be calculated in, and recouped from the consumer who wants them. It's business, and I don't blame them.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #10
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: When Are The Scouting Pack Retirement Pack Thingies Comming Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBscholar
You are looking at it all wrong. The game costs the consumer $60, which EA may get only like $40 of it, after paying Microsoft, Sony, etc. Now here comes the business aspect of it. Say it takes 5000 man hours to program the game. EA has a budget, like any well run business. So they try to squeeze everything they can into the game, while still attempting to make a profit. Those other little DLC extras cost money because they feel that those are above the realm of their base video game, which many consumers do not want. So the amount of time and money to have those extras, needs to be calculated in, and recouped from the consumer who wants them. It's business, and I don't blame them.
I understand the buisness side of it, but you're kidding yourself if you think micro-DLC isn't a shady tactic.

So you're telling me a recruiting advisor is above the realm of the game in a College FOOTBALL game? How about player progression that actually works closer to how it should? Gotta pay extra for that too. That's the most hilarious thing I've ever heard in my life.
Chicago Blackhawks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »