Home

Did I ruin my Ravens or make them better?

This is a discussion on Did I ruin my Ravens or make them better? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2011, 02:43 AM   #1
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

OVR: 5
Did I ruin my Ravens or make them better?

This is in my 32 man online chise where we do a lot of trading which makes it that much more fun. No CPU trades what so ever. This is all dealing with other members.

QB Big Ben 94/ Orton 80
HB Adrian Peterson97/James Davis 66 (way better than his rating) Williams 80
FB Vonta Leech 91

WR Roddy White 96
WR Mark Clayton 78
WR Torry Smith (only 69 but he is beastly)
WR Donald Jones 68
TE Zach Miller 89

LT McKinnie 85
LG Bell 79
C Birk 91
RG Peterman 75
RT Cousins 77

CB Talib (14 INT in 12 games) 86
CB Sean Smith 80
CB Ladaris Webb 75
CB Randal Gay 76
SS Adrain Wilson 92
FS Ed Reed 98
LE Suggs 99 ovr
DT Fred Robbins 82
DT Cory Redding
RE James Hall 82
MLB Lewis 95 Lauranitis 87 McCain 79
LOLB Julian Peterson 82, Jarret Johnson 81
ROLB Kirk Morrison 79, Tavaris Gooden 70

I traded away my 3 best olineman but these guys still get it done.
I lead the league in turnovers with 39 and am currently 10-2 with 2 last second losses after starting 9-0. Suggs is beast at LE and leads the league in sacks with 16.

Trades

Boldin, Rice and my 1st for AP ( regret that Rice isn't much worse and AP cost me a game with 3 fumbles but only has 3 all season, stupid Willis 4 forced fumbles and a 1 handed INT and I lost by a FG at the gun)
I had Patrick Peterson but with his low awarness he wasn't doing it for me so I delt him for Sean Smith and James Lauranitis.
To get Peterson I made a stupid trade, to get 3 first rounders I traded Chad Greenway LB 90, Jarius Byrd FS 84 A Pot and Yanda OL 85, and added SS Pollard and CB Foxworth

Some other deals Michael Oher and Avery for Roddy white.
Flacco for Kolb and Pettigrew who I used to trade for Big Ben along with WR Andre Roberts and 2013 1st.
Nagata for James Hall, Donnie Avery and the Rams 1st
Rams 1st for Zach Miller (Stupid cause he has 2 wins)
Terrence Cody for Robbins and Morrison

I have no picks till the 3rd round and no 1st and 2nd next year.

My best deal was Jimmy Smith and a 2nd for Talib who has been lights out.
If progression goes like my simmed chise Talib will be 92, Smith 86 and Webb 80 as my top 3 corners. LB McCain should go up to 82.

Last edited by Rbk; 10-06-2011 at 02:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 02:55 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Did I ruin my Ravens or make them better?

I would have kept Rice, though at least AP SHOULD be good when you can get him to hold on to the ball. He's very DPP sensitive. When he's on, he's awesome. Once he fumbles...

I think I would have kept Smith too. Yeah, 92 is better than 86, but Smith is so young and already good. Talib's good, though, but...I would think Smith would catch up pretty quick? I think Smith has a very high MCV already too. Maybe you don't run much man though.

Seeing Roethlisberger in a Ravens jersey...man...that would take some getting used to

But, hey, if you're 10-2, you're obviously doing a lot right
Old 10-06-2011, 03:16 AM   #3
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

only two deals i like were the Big Ben(and that's me being totally unbiased) and the Roddy White(which was a total steal) deals.....The AP trade woulda been more interesting had u substituted a younger guy for Boldin..I don't give up top-5 1st-round picks in their first year so I def woulda kept Peterson...every rookie is gunna make mistakes......Ngata is a beast...u cudda gotten wayy more for him....If the Rams do good or be mediocre, ur gunna look real good with the Zach Miller trade.....Fred Robbins is like 40 and Morrison is decent albeit nothing special.....yeah Talib is solid, but im REAL interested to see how Jimmy Smith does (i was pleading for him to drop to the Steelers)
Old 10-06-2011, 03:31 AM   #4
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

OVR: 5

Talib is unreal, sick catch ratings, 14 INT and 17 tackles. He is the best CB I've ever played with, Smith is good, but I now simmed to year 3 and he's still only 86. In year 3 Patty Peterson is 96 maybe I should have kept him, but Lauanitis is a great MLB who nets a ton of INT, I have 6 with him in 4 games in another chise. Have yet to play with him on my Ravens team and the other player I got in return Sean Smith is up to 86 in year 2 and holds there in year 3. You think I made the right call on that trade? 2 very good players for an excellent one?

Morrison fits my team well, I play a lot of 3-4 cover 3 and he is very good in coverage. Only long downs I run a lot of 2 man under and plan to have Lauranitis as my MLB over Lewis in those situations. If only he had a tad more speed though haha

Nagata deal I wanted to back out at the last minute after I agreed, but the guy was being a huge whiner so I just did it. I thought Avery was a lot better than he was. o well lol live and learn.

Last edited by Rbk; 10-06-2011 at 03:34 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:33 AM   #5
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbk
Nagata deal I wanted to back out at the last minute after I agreed, but the guy was being a huge whiner so I just did it.

That would have immediately made me nix the deal :P.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »