Home

A complete listing of Madden controls

This is a discussion on A complete listing of Madden controls within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: A complete listing of Madden controls

Online Kicking XP/FG mini-game:

Hold down the button when kicking to delay the snap. If you're opponent is trying to time his jump with the stoppage of the play clock - he will jump offside.

Also, time your button press at various points of the play clock to stop it whenever you want. Early in the second to get the kick off before your opponent notices the clock stoppage, later in the second to make him notice the stoppage and draw him offside.

Hope this helps...

Later
Old 10-07-2011, 04:22 PM   #10
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

^ Thanks, I knew about the hold button to delay kick, and have added it.

I don't quite understand the second one:

Quote:
Also, time your button press at various points of the play clock to stop it whenever you want. Early in the second to get the kick off before your opponent notices the clock stoppage, later in the second to make him notice the stoppage and draw him offside.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
I'll elaborate. When the kicking team presses the button to start the kick meter, the play clock stops. When the play clock stops, the defender begins his own countdown.

QUICK KICK - If you start the play clock immediately after a second ticks off the clock - there is almost a full second before your opponent will realize the play clock has stopped. During that time, the kick meter has that same time to progress. Your snap seems early to your opponent and he can't get a good jump.

SLOW KICK - If you start the play clock just before a second ticks off - your opponent will notice the play clock has stopped immediately and will begin his countdown. If he waits the correct amount of time to block the kick on a QUICK KICK he will jump offside on a SLOW KICK.

Furthermore, the kicking team has the option of holding the button down to delay the snap for almost another full second (haven't timed it yet). Making drawing defenders offside who are watching the play clock even more likely.

It's what I like to call the FG/XP mini game.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 04:46 PM   #12
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Does anyone know if the finesse moves while being blocked are specific or not? Or does it just decide for you based on a player's ability?

Because I thought I remember reading on one of the loading screens that it was left for spin move and right for swim move, or vice versa.

Strange that they would put that information on a loading screen and not anywhere else.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #13
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
I'll elaborate...
Ah, okay. I think I'm going to refrain from adding that second part, as I think the ability to delay the snap by holding the button is probably enough, and apparently the patch will tone down the blocked kicks as well.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
Does anyone know if the finesse moves while being blocked are specific or not? Or does it just decide for you based on a player's ability?

Because I thought I remember reading on one of the loading screens that it was left for spin move and right for swim move, or vice versa.

Strange that they would put that information on a loading screen and not anywhere else.
I think that left or right if for a spin to the left, or a spin to the right. I think down is a power-move, and up is a swim-move.

I may be wrong, though. Madden really needs to invest in better manuals... Even the in-game manual has only half of this stuff!
Old 10-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #15
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by edborstein
I think that left or right if for a spin to the left, or a spin to the right. I think down is a power-move, and up is a swim-move.

I may be wrong, though. Madden really needs to invest in better manuals... Even the in-game manual has only half of this stuff!
The in game manual shows left or right = finesse move. But like I say that loading screen I think states something more specific. I think it may even say that you can use up on the R-stick to block a pass.

Keep this stuff in mind guys (and gals?). I want this to be a complete list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 11:24 PM   #16
Banned

Ahhhhhhhh....The manual won't quite do the game justice because of the intricacies in the game.

There is much that requires explanation in Madden!!!!

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »