Home

Non-fantasy franchise play?

This is a discussion on Non-fantasy franchise play? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-06-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Non-fantasy franchise play?

Hey guys,

I'm a bit confused... I keep playing with Franchise settings and I'm getting nowhere. Is there NO WAY to play a franchise without the CPU messing up all the rosters and cutting players all over the place before the season starts? Even when I control every team and every THING, it still starts signing free agents and cutting players during preseason to the point where the teams look nothing like the real NFL by the start of the season.

So, in other words, they've decided to complete abandon people who just wanna play with realistic rosters like me and can't stand the fantasy element?

PLEASE tell me I'm missing something here and I just missed an option or something!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #2
Chaptain America

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Non-fantasy franchise play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Hey guys,

I'm a bit confused... I keep playing with Franchise settings and I'm getting nowhere. Is there NO WAY to play a franchise without the CPU messing up all the rosters and cutting players all over the place before the season starts? Even when I control every team and every THING, it still starts signing free agents and cutting players during preseason to the point where the teams look nothing like the real NFL by the start of the season.

So, in other words, they've decided to complete abandon people who just wanna play with realistic rosters like me and can't stand the fantasy element?

PLEASE tell me I'm missing something here and I just missed an option or something!!

U can't stop the CPU from signing FA's before Week 1 of the regular season but before Week 1 of the pre-season, u can narrow every team's roster down to the 53-man max....gunna be very time-consuming if ur up for it
Old 10-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #3
MVP

So only wanting to play a football game with accurate rosters to real life means no football for me this year? Seriously??
Old 10-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
So only wanting to play a football game with accurate rosters to real life means no football for me this year? Seriously??
or madden 11
Old 10-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #5
MVP

Wow. Well that really sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 04:49 PM   #6
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

There are ways to do it, but like others have said, it is very time consuming.

You can either set all 32 teams to user control so that you can intervene when they show their stupid... or you can set aside like 4 hours at the beginning of preseason to edit all of the UDFAs to be punters. This way they don't stay on the roster.

These fixes would be so much easier if there wasn't 3-5 seconds of lag every time you press a button in a menu.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:50 PM   #7
MVP

Ugh... I'm feeling the annoyance and headaches already.

No thanks. Not worth it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »