Home

Offline Franchise: CPU 4th Quarter Collapse?

This is a discussion on Offline Franchise: CPU 4th Quarter Collapse? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-07-2011, 02:43 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Offline Franchise: CPU 4th Quarter Collapse?

I'm 3 games into my Franchise with the Buccaneers (fantasy drafted, but I did get Da'Quan Bowers and a few real life Bucs), and so far all the games have been really challenging and close... up until the 4th quarter that is.

In all 3 games I've played the CPU has been able to run the ball well and shut down my running game for the first 3 quarters, but in the 4th quarter suddenly they can't stop my HBs (Peyton Hillis and Felix Jones) and the abandon the run game.

Here are the scores of all 3 games when the 3rd quarter ended (final score in parentheses):
Week 1- Lions 13, Bucs 16 (final: 13-30)
Week 2- Bucs 17, Vikings 14 (final: 38-17)
Week 3- Falcons 10, Bucs 13 (final 17-34)

I don't know why, but every CPU team seems to collapse in the 4th quarter. The QB suddenly can't hit a wide open WR, their defenders suddenly can't tackle, and my OL suddenly starts to overpower everyone. The main thing is that they completely abandon the run game and can't stop the run.

Against the Vikings, Ben-Jarvus Green-Ellis was running ragged over my D for 3 quarters (16 carries, 87 yards, 1 TD), but in the 4th quarter he only got one carry. I can understand that if the CPU falls behind a couple scores they need to pass more, but if you still have 8-10 minutes to catch up you can stick to the run game.

I looked at the rushing stats by quarter for game 3, and there is a huge difference in the 4th quarter

1st 3 quarters (both HBs): 20 carries, 78 yards, 3.9 YPC 1 TD
4th quarter (both HBs): 12 carries, 130 yards, 10.8 YPC, 2 TDs (both Hillis)

I don't know what happened, they had been stopping Hillis for 2 and 3 yard gains with the occasional 0 or -1 all game, but in the 4th suddenly he was breaking off for 8-10 yards every time he touched the ball. He even had 2 scoring runs of 23 and 34 yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 08:02 AM   #2
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Offline Franchise: CPU 4th Quarter Collapse?

Every single time I play the CPU close into the 4th (and I LOVE CLOSE GAMES!!!) they end up turning stupid. I really don't get it...
Old 10-07-2011, 08:10 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Not sure if it makes a difference but I'm on all madden....and while I've experienced the same thing as you SOMETIMES, other times the CPU becomes Captain Comeback, hitting bombs despite prevent defenses etc. Maybe it's time up make it tougher.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 10-07-2011, 08:26 AM   #4
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

yea i don't get why cmp just stops doing something its good @ for 3 quarters its either they don't run or they just run and wont pass or they pass good and they just start running or qb will just take off scrambling every play.i have had the cmp come back on me though had one game where i had just scored with under 2 minutes left in game and i went up 28-14 and chris says well that's does it they cant come back from that just time pad stats etc and in less then a 40 secs they cmp hit to long balls on me to tie the game up and send it to OT lol.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:15 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Wow, I thought it was just coincidence that it was happening to me a lot. I've many games that stay close until the 4th quarter, at which point it suddenly becomes much easier for me to score.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 12:34 PM   #6
Rookie

TitanUP2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Not sure if it makes a difference but I'm on all madden....and while I've experienced the same thing as you SOMETIMES, other times the CPU becomes Captain Comeback, hitting bombs despite prevent defenses etc. Maybe it's time up make it tougher.
This is what i've experianced as well playing on all-madden. Most of the time i'm just hanging on in the 4th to win. I will say i never have felt cheated (at least yet).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »