Home

DTs running HBs down with ease...?

This is a discussion on DTs running HBs down with ease...? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2011, 02:56 AM   #9
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: DTs running HBs down with ease...?

0 threshold will never get played by me. Second, why does no one ever post a video to go with their claim of someone getting ran down? Just like pursuit angle is important, player space and angle of running is important also.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:38 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Slower RB's or possesion recievers should not be able to run away from faster DB's Yes speed will help but with the other sliders set correctly this will help with seperation/blocking/rushing etc etc.

Old 10-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

i also find that leaving the autosprint ON helps add to the realism. Players that break a long run will fatigue during the run where as the SPRINT button acts more like a boost.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #12
Rookie

xElway7x's Arena

I have been playing with mine on 45, but Ryan McBean ran down some WR for the Bills last night lol. I'm gonna try 20 or 25 and see what that does, but maybe give 5 a shot as someone suggested.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #13
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Fast players do get caught from behind by slower players guys. It's funny that people complained that fast players could run away from everyone for years, and now that they fixed that, people complain that fast players can't run away from people at will.

Backside DT's can run down sweeps, otherwise no one would ever bother to block them. That's football.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2011, 11:00 PM   #14
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

IMO when it comes to the first few steps, I think people would be surprised how evenly matched a lot of the players in the NFL are, size independent. Keep in mind a tall big defender probably has long arms and even a full step ahead in the first 2-3 steps might not get away from his grasp. Also, in the first few steps, taller = more yards covered per stride.

It's when change of direction and top speed are concerned you see the big difference.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:46 PM   #15
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I think it just depends on how you play, your sliders, all of that stuff. I play with threshold on 0, but that is me. But if d-lineman are running down RBs and WRs you really need to turn it down. Adjust it until you feel good with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
Fast players do get caught from behind by slower players guys. It's funny that people complained that fast players could run away from everyone for years, and now that they fixed that, people complain that fast players can't run away from people at will.

Backside DT's can run down sweeps, otherwise no one would ever bother to block them. That's football.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

You guys are not understanding the issue at hand here so let me see if I can try and break it down for yall!

When you make all your pre play adjustments and you notice what your opponent is running at you, this is way the issue comes in ten fold...

Notice how the defender that is 'hawking' you down is/was being held up at the LOS as you have already moved past him by this time. Even if he was just being engaged for a couple seconds, there is no way these guys should be at full sprint from there 1st step!

That is the issue, these guys are at full sprint the moment they release from a block, bumped into another defender without a hitch in there step or stride. People in REAL LIFE have to build up that momentum where as in madden its just full sprint.

I have had BJ Raji chase down Frank Gore, and whats so puzzling about this, is that Raji was lined up over the center, the play was a toss to the left, Raji's angle of pursuit took him to the right. When I got to the outside of the LOS, I seen him hawking me down and he left in his trail his DBs, LBs, and everyone else. He was the very 1st guy behind me the whole time!

Now you tell me if something is not wrong with this as this defender never left the game at all and should have been fatigued and on the sidelines breathing oxygen!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »