Home

Blocked FG's

This is a discussion on Blocked FG's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2011, 08:25 AM   #1
Rookie

will12203's Arena

OVR: 8
Question Blocked FG's

I noticed lately in ranked matches online guys are blocking my FG's at a higher rate than usual. Any way to combat this guys? This has become very annoying. I can see once in a blue moon but this has happened to me 2 times in one ranked game. I try to kick it quick and I tried to wait and to throw off his timing...

great Buffalo Bills talk
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

the official Madden 12 messageboard
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/396.page

the official EA Sports World Video Site
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile

gamertag: will12203
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 08:31 AM   #2
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Blocked FG's

i've played 10 ranked games online and have yet to have any fg blocked don't know if its because of ppl i play they don't know how or what. i've blocked few offline against cmp and i still don't know how i did it.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
Rookie

Ghostciv's Arena

OVR: 1

not sure if this works online cause i dont play online games, but when i play the ai i found out that if u keep hitting the left stick on the ps3 on defense till they hike the ball before a fg or extra point you will block it. I use the cb to the left (your nickel-back) and run toward the kicker and dive before u they kick it. It got to the point now i just pick a d-lineman cause i got tired of this glitch. I block 6 of 7 attempts in 1 game and in week 2 of season my guy had 10 blocks
Old 10-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

This has become a big problem online play. People have learned to glitch the FG block. It has to do with a glitch and the timing combine. People have learn how block it all the time. EA needs to fix it. That is just another reason I refuse to play online. People just find all kinds of ways to cheat with glitches in the game all the time every year just about.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
Rookie

Ghostciv's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
This has become a big problem online play. People have learned to glitch the FG block. It has to do with a glitch and the timing combine. People have learn how block it all the time. EA needs to fix it. That is just another reason I refuse to play online. People just find all kinds of ways to cheat with glitches in the game all the time every year just about.
That's why i don't play online also. Players just cheese the whole game and don't play football like it should be. I Rember this one game i played online a few years ago was early in the game guy was on his 15 yard line and was 4th and 15 and he went for it. Then when his all streaks didnt work vs me he quit half way into the 2nd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 11:02 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

when a play is started a controlled player will "jump" to full speed and be able to fly off the line if its timed right.. this is the reason the qb sneak works so well because if you hold up on the stick they start off in full stride. same thing on the other end of the ball, if they pick one of the guys on the end of the fg block they can easily run up and block it every time

its a pretty bad glitch hopefully they do something about it soon
Old 10-07-2011, 02:03 PM   #7
Banned

nastynatesolder's Arena

yep I can block it over 35% now

very dirty stuff :P

EA fixing a glitch I doubt it they probally would just create a glitch by fixing this one :P
Old 10-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Here we go again... Let's not call this a glitch. It's a part of the game that is INTENTIONALLY in the game. Kicking is almost like a mini-game. The mini-game is the cat/mouse of starting the meter and delaying the snap... Problem is, most people are completely UNAWARE that this mini-game is even being played - although they see the play clock stoppage.

History lesson: In the past, it was almost impossible to block a FG/XP using the FG Block play.

In Madden 2000, you could use a 4-3 Over formation and rush the MLB to block a FG, but you couldn't block one with the FG block play.

In Madden '03 online, you could block a FG/XP if you timed the snap of the ball exactly right. Back then, the play clock stopped when the kick meter started. If the defense timed the jump perfectly, they could block a FG/XP without jumping offside.

The kicking team, however, could start the kick meter at anytime during the play clock. If you start the kick meter early after a second ticked away, your kick meter would run for a full second before you opponent noticed the play clock stoppage - allowing you to get the kick off successfully.

The kicking team could also start the play clock later, just before the next second ticks away to cause opponents to cross the line too early to get an easy offside penalty.

Lastly, the kicking team could keep the button depressed during the accuracy portion of the kick to delay the actual snap of the ball - which also works to draw players offside WHILE enabling the kicking team to snap the ball immediately when the defense jumped.

Many who were unaware of the mini-game say the play clock stoppage as a glitch. The following year, EA changed the play-clock stoppage, essentially removing the mini-game for FG/XP.

In Madden '04 the FG Block play was useless to block FG/XP. After a few months, someone found a legitimate glitch that allowed players to 'clip' two players together so they shared the same space so that one actually phased through the line of scrimmage without getting sucked into a block. It required that two guys be positioned in the back corner of the end zone and two DT's be merged pre-snap.

In Madden '05, to prevent the issues with Madden '04 defensive linemen were made to return to their original position whenever the user switched to control another player. Again, it became almost impossible to block a FG/XP.

When the right stick kicking began (Madden '07 ???), there was still no way legitimate way to block a FG/XP using the FG Block play.

Last year Madden '11 made three button presses the foundation of kicking again. Fortunately, the mini-game returned as well because the play clock once again stopped at the start of the kick meter. But it was still virtually impossible to block a kick with the FG Block play.

On Madden NFL 12 the FG Block play will actually block an occasional FG and the mini-game is better than it has been since Madden '03. Special teams are fully represented so you can no longer take FG/XP plays off.

The mini-game works in the same way it did on Madden '03... The kicking team has the power. The defensive player can only judge when to start his jump by the play clock. The kicking team can stop the play clock AND release the button to snap the ball in a way that allows almost 2.5 seconds of "guess time" for the team attempting the block.

Once you get a firm handle of the mini-game being played, you can start drawing players offside EASILY.

To know if your opponent is a play clock watcher - HOLD THE BUTTON ON YOUR FIRST ATTEMPT! Don't let it go. Eventually the ball will snap on it's own.

If your opponent watches the play clock, he's going to come across the line. If he does, release the button and get a free 5 yards.

The kool thing is, if a guy get in TOO EARLY he's liable to dive past the kick... Getting a jump does not mean blocking the FG/XP... But it's so much fun getting a new set of downs because some guy comes across too early on 4th and 3.

Hope this helps,

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »