Home

How much bigger than other sports games is Madden? In terms of sales...etc

This is a discussion on How much bigger than other sports games is Madden? In terms of sales...etc within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #25
43M
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: How much bigger than other sports games is Madden? In terms of sales...etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJackRabbit
Watching it would be boring, but playing it (FIFA or PES) might be a totally different story.
Agreed.

I dont buy Fifa, and soccer is very boring to me, but I had a blast playing it when I was younger, and have enjoyed it the few times I played it in recent years.

I just dont think Fifa would ever hold my attention because a) I dont love the game like I love American football, b) I dont know enough about the players, and c) I dont have an interest in any of the teams to really play a franchise mode in Fifa....and Franchise mode is the biggest selling point for me in a sports title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 10:51 PM   #26
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Here's another thing to consider. FIFA is played all over the world, but in many countries not everyone has their own console like most of us do here in the States. In a lot of countries one person owns a console and all of his buddies go to play at his house. Just throwing out numbers, but say FIFA sold 3 million units in Europe, that may represent 10 million people playing the game.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:57 AM   #27
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Guy
Here's another thing to consider. FIFA is played all over the world, but in many countries not everyone has their own console like most of us do here in the States. In a lot of countries one person owns a console and all of his buddies go to play at his house. Just throwing out numbers, but say FIFA sold 3 million units in Europe, that may represent 10 million people playing the game.
About what countries you are talking about ? Cause what you just said is complete BS . That might happen in 3rd world countries like IRAQ or w/e but not in most europe countries .
Old 10-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
I mean no offense, but you need to get out more. The rest of the world is not quite like you imagine.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #29
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

I think you guys are taking my point a little too much to the extreme. I'm not saying that the rest of the world is in poverty. I'm just saying that FIFA is popular in parts of the world where not everyone can go out and buy their own console and FIFA game. This is just a product of soccer being popular worldwide.

The numbers I threw out were not meant to be accurate; I just threw it in there to illustrate the point.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:07 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
I think you guys are taking my point a little too much to the extreme. I'm not saying that the rest of the world is in poverty. I'm just saying that FIFA is popular in parts of the world where not everyone can go out and buy their own console and FIFA game. This is just a product of soccer being popular worldwide.

The numbers I threw out were not meant to be accurate; I just threw it in there to illustrate the point.
But you did specifically cite Europe. And it is true that the game is immensely popular in Europe, but Europe is not living in poverty.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #31
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Just jotted down a few numbers of vgchartz.com. I used only ps3/xbox sales to save time.

Fifa 11 sold 7.9 mil

Madden 11 sold 4.6 mil
Madden 10 sold 5 mil

NBA 2k11 sold 3.4 mil (this was more than double its usual)
NBA 2k10 sold 1.5 mil

NBA Live 10 sold .8 mil

NHL 11 sold 1 mil

MLB the Show 11 sold .4 mil (ps3 only)

Basically you've got Fifa at the top, Madden a distant second, NBA 2k selling roughly half of what madden does (if they have a good year) and every other sports game getting a fraction of that action.

That is unless you want to count wii sports' 77 million sales since releasing in 2006 or wii sports resort that has 28 million sales since releasing 2009.
I would really like to know if EA can use the FIFA engine for Madden. They have some nice technology going there that would work out nicely in a football game.

MLB the show is killing themselves by only being avaiable on the PS3. I understand it is made by a Sony company, but that is killing them. That game ever made it over to the XBOX and PC, and they would sell atleast 4 million copies a year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 12:50 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I would really like to know if EA can use the FIFA engine for Madden. They have some nice technology going there that would work out nicely in a football game.

MLB the show is killing themselves by only being avaiable on the PS3. I understand it is made by a Sony company, but that is killing them. That game ever made it over to the XBOX and PC, and they would sell atleast 4 million copies a year.
They aren't allowed to. 2K has the 3rd party exclusive on MLB. Consoles can only produce in house MLB games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »