Home

Is there a way to.

This is a discussion on Is there a way to. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is there a way to.

I am not sure if this belongs in the wishlist or if I just don't know how to do this.

Is there a way to pick a Play action pass play & then cancel the play action part of it? This would open up the playbook a lot more.

If you cannot do this, would this be feasible (from a realism standpoint) to do something like that? I hate calling play actions because of the high fail rate for me, but there are some good plays that I wouldn't mind running if I could skip the fake handoff.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Is there a way to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAaron
I am not sure if this belongs in the wishlist or if I just don't know how to do this.

Is there a way to pick a Play action pass play & then cancel the play action part of it? This would open up the playbook a lot more.

If you cannot do this, would this be feasible (from a realism standpoint) to do something like that? I hate calling play actions because of the high fail rate for me, but there are some good plays that I wouldn't mind running if I could skip the fake handoff.

Thanks!
In madden 11 you could do .
Just audible your running back's route into a block and you will not have fake hand off .
Thats obviously for play action plays where your running back has a route . Not sure about the ones where HB is blocking as of default
Old 10-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

hot route your rb to block.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAaron

Thanks!
Yes. Simply hot route the back to another assignment. Any hot route will do...

Although, a few years ago (Madden NFL 10 I think) canceling play action on a shotgun play didn't cancel the play fake. Sometimes the QB would fake a handoff when there was no one to fake it too (which happens a lot in the NFL).

Not sure if it's still the same or not - but only because I rarely run Play Action (once ever 5 games or so). But if you're in a PA play and you expect a free rusher - CANCEL THE PA! Otherwise you may get a strip sack.

Later
Old 10-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Yes. Simply hot route the back to another assignment. Any hot route will do...

Although, a few years ago (Madden NFL 10 I think) canceling play action on a shotgun play didn't cancel the play fake. Sometimes the QB would fake a handoff when there was no one to fake it too (which happens a lot in the NFL).

Not sure if it's still the same or not - but only because I rarely run Play Action (once ever 5 games or so). But if you're in a PA play and you expect a free rusher - CANCEL THE PA! Otherwise you may get a strip sack.

Later
Exactly you can hot route to any route, not just block. It will cancel the play action.

IRL the play action does not work when the defense is blitzing, so in Madden cancel your play action if you see a blitz coming.

It works the way it should.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 5

People dont understand when and how to use PA. thats why they have so many problems with it. Just saying.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
People dont understand when and how to use PA. thats why they have so many problems with it. Just saying.
I usually don't comment on stuff like this & first off thank you to everyone else, that is very helpful.

This comment, however, is not.

While I don't disagree with your statement, I do not believe I said play actions are broken and cannot be used, I said they have a high fail rate for me (normally when my friends constantly blitz on every play, not necessarily against the computer where they actually do work as intended) and I was hoping to be able to essentially unlock those plays in my playbook.

Feel free to close this thread now as my question was answered.

Thanks again!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »