Home

Online Franchise Fantasy Draft Advice

This is a discussion on Online Franchise Fantasy Draft Advice within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
Banned

Bowden's Arena

OVR: 0
Online Fantasy Draft Help

So I've got the 31st pick in a league which will have most users drafting.

I'm just wondering who's worth 1st round value and also second round as i'll be second pick then. Obviously the top people will be gone like AP, Rodgers, Calvin & Andre Johnson etc..

I don't mind committing to certain styles of play e.g. run game.

Also do you think the 3-4 or 4-3 produces better pass rush, e.g. having Peppers/D Ware?

Last edited by Bowden; 10-07-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Online Fantasy Draft Help

Never done a online fantasy draft but I would start first by trying to define what type of team you want.

offensive firepower..****n the ball more, pass heavy
defensive based team...focus on pass rush or cb coverage or good all around lb.

I would look at it from a standpoint of what type of positions you are most effective with...i.e. if you are good running the ball with a power back then get a list of top 5 guys you would like.

For me I like 1 good wr that has size and speed, a QB that is decent and has potential to grow, speed RB, decent speed TE on offense.

On D I like 1 good pass rushing DE, big body in the middle at DT, one coverage corner, and a speed in the safeties.

My assumption is that in an online draft the position players will be off the board first meaning QB,RB,WR, DE, CB etc and oline guys will come off later. Just my thinking though
Old 10-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
Banned

Bowden's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Online Franchise Fantasy Draft Advice

Yeah exactly right, people favor the young players and go after the skill positions (QB, RB, WR, DE, LB, CB) like you said. It's crazy that you can draft the likes of Mangold, Jake Long, Chris Snee etc in like rounds 4-6.

I think the best people around in Round 1 will be the likes of Fitz, Brees/Rivers, Harrison/Suggs/Clay Matthews etc. Also probably Charles Woodson, Champ Bailey etc. Either way I will get two good players in rounds 1 and 2.

I had some success with Julius Peppers in another league but some games he would get demolished by some terrible tackle, others he'd rip to shreds a top quality tackle. I do prefer 4-3 DE's though, 3-4 rushing lbs seem to struggle in my experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »