Home

Ryan Clady's value?

This is a discussion on Ryan Clady's value? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
Rookie

legenddt's Arena

OVR: 3
Ryan Clady's value?

I'm doing a Lions franchise and the most important thing is protecting matty icepack's blindside. I want to trade for Denvers Ryan Clady, he is the best pass blocker in the game. I'm thinking I would trade Nick fairley, fox could use a dominant d tackle for that new 4-3 defense, javhid best, fox likes to use a 2 running back system so he would go nicely with moreno, and then also giving them a 1st and a 3rd? Pass blocking left tackles are a premium but if i offer them 2 players to fill needs, along with 2 high draft picks, which fox can theoritically use to build a better run blocking o.line anyways, how does this sound?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Ryan Clady's value?

That sounds pretty reasonable, a good LT especially a good pass blocker is worth 2 early-mid first round picks + something which you are basically giving up. We definitely need someone to replace/augment the AWFUL Moreno and Fox absolutely wants D-line help. With a 1st and a 3rd I think that seems like a fair trade.

Last edited by Pandetta; 10-07-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by legenddt
I'm doing a Lions franchise and the most important thing is protecting matty icepack's blindside. I want to trade for Denvers Ryan Clady, he is the best pass blocker in the game. I'm thinking I would trade Nick fairley, fox could use a dominant d tackle for that new 4-3 defense, javhid best, fox likes to use a 2 running back system so he would go nicely with moreno, and then also giving them a 1st and a 3rd? Pass blocking left tackles are a premium but if i offer them 2 players to fill needs, along with 2 high draft picks, which fox can theoritically use to build a better run blocking o.line anyways, how does this sound?

i'd throw in a 2nd in 2012 as well...Fairley hasn't even gotten on the field yet...not sayin he's gunna be a scrub but gotta play some to be involved in a major deal...well to me anyway
Old 10-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
Rookie

legenddt's Arena

Yea that's what I was thinking, plus I feel like fox would rather pay big money to a dominant run.blocker than a pass blocker, so with the draft pick he can replace Clady this next offseason

Old 10-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #5
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by legenddt
Yea that's what I was thinking, plus I feel like fox would rather pay big money to a dominant run.blocker than a pass blocker, so with the draft pick he can replace Clady this next offseason

Considering Fox is a defensive guy, ur prolly right..Good luck with replacing Clady tho.....Dominant LT's don't grow on trees
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 05:44 PM   #6
Rookie

legenddt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
Considering Fox is a defensive guy, ur prolly right..Good luck with replacing Clady tho.....Dominant LT's don't grow on trees
I agree with you, which is why I'm making a huge offer for hin

Old 10-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would not add Best because he and Moreno are similar backs and neither are power bruiser backs that Fox likes.

I would do Fairley, and the 1st and 3rd. That's essentially two 1st round picks and a 3rd which is good IMO.

Remember that Clady tore up his knee not to long ago so that brings his value down some IMO.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:28 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 0

Why even waste draft picks on a Left Tackle? On Madden, the defense generates little to no pressure from the QB's blind side. A mediocre Left Tackle is usually very good, unless you want to move Clady to Right Tackle. I know that's not the way it works in real life, but on Madden the Right Tackle seems to be the more important tackle because that's where all the pressure comes from. If I were you, I would just save my draft picks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »