Home

Franchise dilemma - your thoughts

This is a discussion on Franchise dilemma - your thoughts within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon5 Franchise dilemma - your thoughts

My dilemma is this :

Was looking throught the trade block and noticed the steelers had lawrence timmons on there and me being the ravens have something they're after in Gurode. do i trade with them and help them with their line but at the same time ensure that my LB corps won't miss ray lewis too much when he retires?

Also i picked up Liuget from free agents (no idea why hes there) so corey redding is expendable - my 2 best trade offers are steve breaston and james jones - is it worth a go with either?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Franchise dilemma - your thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenWire
My dilemma is this :

Was looking throught the trade block and noticed the steelers had lawrence timmons on there and me being the ravens have something they're after in Gurode. do i trade with them and help them with their line but at the same time ensure that my LB corps won't miss ray lewis too much when he retires?

Also i picked up Liuget from free agents (no idea why hes there) so corey redding is expendable - my 2 best trade offers are steve breaston and james jones - is it worth a go with either?
you do whatever u gotta do to improve your team...If it's a division rival offering u a deal that looks good to u, u take it...no questions asked....gotta think with your head and not your heart sometimes....with that being said, that trade isnt even close to being fair (coming from an un-biased Steeler fan)...U gotta give up more then an aging, overpaid Center....and no it's not worth it to go after Breaston or Jones....Your top 3 receivers are set with Boldin, Evans, and Smith.....Breaston and/or Jones would be ur 4th receiver...find a position of need on ur team and go that route or just accumulate a draft pick or two
Old 10-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
Rookie

It is a bit of a crappy deal for the steelers no doubt but thats the trade logic for you. i tried getting draft picks for redding and got no offers even when asking for a 7th rounder - go figure that one. the only real weak position i have is DT ratings wise so i'm not really that bothered about getting more players but at the same time don't want to lose him for nothing
Old 10-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
It is a bit of a crappy deal for the steelers no doubt but thats the trade logic for you. i tried getting draft picks for redding and got no offers even when asking for a 7th rounder - go figure that one. the only real weak position i have is DT ratings wise so i'm not really that bothered about getting more players but at the same time don't want to lose him for nothing
depending on how much he's making, release him in the offseason? or try trading him again then? he wuddn't bring u back more then a 4th anyway so not that big of a deal....a bit is an understatement...that's a heist for u giving up Gurode for Timmons....
Old 10-08-2011, 05:50 AM   #5
Rookie

I feel a bit criminal making that deal if i'm being honest. another one i made was david gawthorne for rodgers-cromartie which i thought was a much better deal for me on my other franchise

Only a 4th rounder for an 82 rated DE? Would have hoped to get a 3rd for him
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #6
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I feel a bit criminal making that deal if i'm being honest. another one i made was david gawthorne for rodgers-cromartie which i thought was a much better deal for me on my other franchise

I'm not sure Corey Redding would even fetch a 4th rounder in the NFL. Not a lot of players are traded for a very good reason. Corey Redding is a solid player, but he's a 1-2 year guy for most teams. He's old and no one is going to invest much to get him. Most teams value their draft picks in real life MUCH more than they are valued on Madden.

Gurode for Timmons is theft for the same reason. Gurode's a good player, Timmons is better. And, gurode is on the downside of his career. Timmons is in his prime. Trade logic sucks in the game.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:54 AM   #7
Rookie

It gets worse. i was able to get a 3rd round as well - daylight robbery
Old 10-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #8
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:

U got the better end of that deal as well...and no way Redding is gunna bring u back a 3rd.....i was being kind with a 4th

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »