Home

Bringing Cutler back to Denver: Fair value?

This is a discussion on Bringing Cutler back to Denver: Fair value? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2011, 05:50 PM   #17
Rookie

xElway7x's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Bringing Cutler back to Denver: Fair value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
Unfortunately it's not realistic to assign him much value though since he has no value in the NFL :/

Cutler does seem pretty "right" in a Broncos uniform inform somehow though, and I love that cannon (I think it's annoying he doesn't have the game's only 99 THP though).
Well in Madden it works. I could just bundle draft picks and let the Bears hope they can find a good qb in the draft with those picks, but I figured giving them Tebow who is better than any other QB on the roster, would progress nicely to near what Cutler was ratings wise. And NFL value and MADDEN value are two totally different things lol. I'm getting a mid 80s qb now, and they are getting the same after 2 seasons and picks. A win win in the MADDEN world.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #18
Rookie

Legionnaire's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man

I don't think Tebow makes much sense there. I don't know any NFL GMs, but I can't imagine that any team really wants Tebow enough to make him a feature part of a trade deal.
I could see Jacksonville wanting him just to pander to the locals (since they sometimes have a hard time getting enough people in that area to pay attention and care about Jaguars football).

Granted, with their investment in Gabbert, might not want a wildly popular backup QB like Tebow working the fans up into a lather for Gabbert to be replaced. So for football reasons it doesn't make much sense and might be a problem. But for business reasons, Jacksonville would be a good home for him.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:36 AM   #19
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by xElway7x
I wanna bring Jaysus Cutler back and I'm trying to put together a package involving Tebow. What else should I bundle him with to get Cutler without screwing over the cpu?
First, why WOULD you want him back after he trashed Denver fans?

Anyway, I would say if your gonna toss in Tebow i would want at least 1 first rounder, a 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder the following year that can be bumped up to a 2nd depending on Tebows performance.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 10-09-2011, 02:58 AM   #20
Pro

Neolithic's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
Cutler is my 2nd fav QB in the league (after Ben of course), but his decision-making sometimes leaves a lot to be desired.....What good is a cannon arm when he can't throw to the right colored jersey? Agreed, their O-line aren't makin the HOF....but the success of a QB and O-line go hand-in-hand...If u know ur O-line is leaky, u gotta improvise
As a Bears fan, I'm sad to say, "improvise" isn't in the Martz dictionary...
Old 10-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbraun
First, why WOULD you want him back after he trashed Denver fans?

Anyway, I would say if your gonna toss in Tebow i would want at least 1 first rounder, a 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder the following year that can be bumped up to a 2nd depending on Tebows performance.
The only team interested in giving up a 1st for Tebow was the Broncos, let alone all that extra. Tebow would realistically be valued around a 3rd or 4th in the trade market today, so keep that in mind if bundling him in a trade. Or if you value him like this guy, Tebow is a Bronco for life because nobody else would even think about that kind of offer for the guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #22
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

You're never going to get Cutler away from the Bears, but if you did it would take some high draft picks and maybe some offensive linemen.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #23
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19

I agree with most of the sentiment here. The Bears bet the farm to take in Cutler, and even though the jury's still out on whether Cutler can be a reliably consistent franchise QB, I think you'd have to give up at least a 1st and a 2nd rounder, in addition to Tebow. But that's just my personal opinion, and I like Cutler.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »