Home

If Jones-Drew wanted out of Jacksonville...

This is a discussion on If Jones-Drew wanted out of Jacksonville... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2011, 02:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
If Jones-Drew wanted out of Jacksonville...

What would be a reasonable trade for MJD? Obviously the Jags aren't going to let him go unless they have to but if he demanded a trade, hoping to find a chance to play for a contender in his prime, what would be a realistic option that could happen in real life? Thanks!!

NBA 2K11- Cleavland Cavs 3-0

CHARLOTTE BOBCATS FAN FOR LIFE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 02:58 AM   #2
Rookie

Ghostciv's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: If Jones-Drew wanted out of Jacksonville...

well a rb his age and millage on them tree trunk legs i would say a 70 plus young rb and maybe a 2nd to 3rd round pick
Old 10-11-2011, 03:15 AM   #3
Rookie

Seriously? Wow, I would think that Jacksonville would be looking for more then that since he is their only big name player haha

I would love to get MJD on the Eagles, Chargers, Colts, or the Pats. Teams that could benefit from the boost in the run game that MJD would give them. Would any of those teams have a shot at making a deal for Moe Joe without shaking up their whole roster?

Old 10-11-2011, 03:47 AM   #4
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Honestly running backs with mileage and recent injuries just don't go for huge amounts - even top running back prospects barely go in the first round so MJD isn't going to be worth a 1st round pick or anything (almost no player is).

He is one of the best backs in the league but he definitely has some baggage and backs probably have the least trade value of any position (P/K aside) so that trade seemed pretty close. A 2nd round pick + a young 70 rb is actually alot.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:47 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcats55
Seriously? Wow, I would think that Jacksonville would be looking for more then that since he is their only big name player haha

I would love to get MJD on the Eagles, Chargers, Colts, or the Pats. Teams that could benefit from the boost in the run game that MJD would give them. Would any of those teams have a shot at making a deal for Moe Joe without shaking up their whole roster?
They would be looking for a lot more in exchange for MJD, not exactly sure what Ghost was thinking. This is only like his 3rd year carrying the full load (didn't have 200+ carry seasons until 09 and 2010). It's hard to gauge the value of a top HB in today's league, but I doubt they would trade him for less than a 1st rounder at minimum (unless you're picking in the top 5 or something).

Jax is pretty desperate for receivers, so you could probably package a decent WR like Steve Smith (eagles) or Jason Avant with picks. Avant (or other decent WR) + 2nd & 3rd rounder + 2012 3rd seems about fair. Or you could make it really easy and just trade Ryan Matthews or Shady McCoy + a low pick for MJD. That could possibly happen in a real situation if both teams were having trouble working out a new deal with their guy.

Only thing is they would never trade him to the Colts (unless for like 3 1st rounders), so you might wanna cross them out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 04:00 AM   #6
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcats55

The Eagles and Chargers have young running backs that are very good/future Pro Bowlers (McCoy is almost MJD status already) so they wouldn't need him at all.

The Colts could use it him although it's a bit weird for their style with Peyton - if they ended up with Luck it would be great but then what is the point for MJD?

The Patriots have two running backs, but both are spot backs - nothing really special just young solid backs. However they JUST drafted two backs in round 2 and 3 and Ridley is looking really good so they have 4 young backs sitting there.

What you need is a team with an aging back like Benson in Cincy - and they could be good in 1-2 years, the Browns if Hillis doesn't resign (he sounds pissed but who knows), the Lions (Best is awful idc if he had a good game vs Chicago), or maybe Atlanta where Turner is getting old.

There are other teams that desperately need him (Miami) but are terrible.

My best suggestions
Old 10-11-2011, 04:01 AM   #7
Rookie

Thanks for all of the feed back so far guys!

Awesome, I am looking to start an exciting franchise, yet keep it some what realistic. While I am not an Eagles fan, I love their roster. Adding MJD at running back would give them a legit play maker at RB that could deliver consistent numbers.

The Chargers idea is a fun one too. This trade would add to the Raider rivalry as Moe Joe and McFadden would definitely be competing for the top spot in rushing every year. MJD would more then replace LT, and would take some of the pressure off of Rivers. Matthews is good, but MJD is a franchise player.

I really do not like the Pats, but honestly, landing MJD for maybe an Ocho/Green-Ellis/pick deal would make them almost unstoppable. They would have Brady's passing attack, and MJD's rushing attack. I see them putting some trading chips on the table if this trade were suggested.

Any thoughts or input on expanding on any of these ideas? Thanks!!

Old 10-11-2011, 04:03 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
Honestly running backs with mileage and recent injuries just don't go for huge amounts - even top running back prospects barely go in the first round so MJD isn't going to be worth a 1st round pick or anything (almost no player is).

He is one of the best backs in the league but he definitely has some baggage and backs probably have the least trade value of any position (P/K aside) so that trade seemed pretty close. A 2nd round pick + a young 70 rb is actually alot.
No, it's not that elite running backs have the least trade value, it's that teams which actually have them are not willing to give them up for cheap. That's like when the Redskins got Clinton Portis in his prime...you've got to go all in for them to even consider. If, for example, Jerry Jones called up the JAX front office and said "we'll give you Tashard Choice & a 2nd rounder for Jones-Drew...they would laugh and hang up.

MJD IS the Jaguars...trust me they are not giving him up for a 2nd rounder and a running back equivalent to their backup Karim. He is still young and backed up Fred Taylor early in his career. The injury has showed no sign of effecting him, so I'm not sure what all this talk about baggage and milage is about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »