Home

Regarding Patches: Full Disclosure by EA or Hide the Bugs

This is a discussion on Regarding Patches: Full Disclosure by EA or Hide the Bugs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #9
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Regarding Patches: Full Disclosure by EA or Hide the Bugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
I thinks that's what the OP is asking, if it can or can't be addressed should EA disclose it. Either way IMO if it can't be fixed this year it should be disclosed I already own the game, it isn't going anywhere.

Sent from my iPad using The power of knowledge!!!!
As Big said, it's not a good business decision, but I wouldn't mind knowing, either.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #10
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Like anyone else. I would like to this to all be in the open aswell. Also to know what they can and can't fix. Aleast I would be more happy about it. But like @Roadman said, it ain't good business. If companies just come out tell you everything that is wrong with the product. Then word gets around and then people will stop buying the product. So instead companies just keep quit and fix the problems as they along. So that what EA does. They fix what they can and then they give you the info for you to read and know what it going on.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:09 PM   #11
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8

My biggest grip is come out and say if UDFA can be fixed or not. Can't fully enjoy franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 10:27 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

I would like to see them acknowledge bugs/glitches because then I'd know that they see the same things we see. I can tolerate decisions based on limited resources but not on incompetence/ignorance.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:52 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 0

I would like to see them admit that there are certain glitches in the game and tell us whether or not the glitches can be fixed. I mean, c'mon, the New York Titans????!!! It's like they don't even test the game out before it's released. There are a TON of glitches in this game and they have to be aware of the ones that are recurring glitches. Like the Pancake stat that O-linemen never seem to produce unless the games are simmed. Where is the accountability in these guys and their half-*** product? Don't the people at EA take pride in their work and their final product? I know the bottom line is important, but look at companies like Apple who are raking in money, but still take the time to make sure their Iphone is arguably the best cellphone on the market year after year. If they were to come out and say ,"We'll fix this, but we can't fix that because we don't have the resources" , I really just wouldn't believe them. That pancake thing has been going on for at least the last five Madden games. They can't get the CPU to just create some stats every game for O-linemen?Really?
Old 10-13-2011, 03:38 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

It seems obvious to me, having bought the last 3 maddens for 360, it really is the same game. They may add "new" options that were there a long time ago, but the goal here isn't to satisfy the customer. Like the guy above said, its about money.
We are stuck with Madden because there is no other NFL game. That really sucks.
I think this game is great but mostly because I have nothing to compare it to.
The issues I find with the game really destroy the "simulation" aspect of the game.
EA adds nothing but fluff to the same game engine. Maximum profit.
They got my $60 three times in the last three years, who knows how many times for previous gens.
I said last year I wasn't getting a new Madden until they made franchise worth a ****. Then this year we get a revamped (lol) franchise. I get excited, I buy it, I get let down. Now I'm stuck.
EA's exclusive rights contract with the NFL ruined this game, but it made EA execs richer so don't expect any changes.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:49 AM   #15
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Like anyone else. I would like to this to all be in the open aswell. Also to know what they can and can't fix. Aleast I would be more happy about it. But like @Roadman said, it ain't good business. If companies just come out tell you everything that is wrong with the product. Then word gets around and then people will stop buying the product. So instead companies just keep quit and fix the problems as they along. So that what EA does. They fix what they can and then they give you the info for you to read and know what it going on.
I think some of you guys are confusing EA coming out and telling us something is wrong with a product or coming out and telling us if they can fix a problem we as consumers already know about.

In reference to the example about the guy at McDonalds, anytime I have had an issue at a fast food place I have simply called the manager or went in and complained and the problem was fixed... Never was I denied the hamburger made the way I ordered it or not giving the apple pie I ordered instead of the french fries they gave me. Nor was I simply ignored.

I'm not going to get into a rant here but these are problems we know exists, EA denying or not mentioning them is not going to change that. As far as marketing and consumer relations, customer service is paramount to running a successful business. Customers will always purchase a product that offers that maximizes utility and customer service is a big factor. I purchase from Amazon due to their great prices and when their is an issue they are quick to offer fixes I.E. $10 gift cards or overnight shipping.

EA should be taking the time right now to capitalize on building better relationships with all purchasers of their products and promote brand loyalty. In a sense by ignoring some of the major consumer feedback their only building animosity, and setting themselves up for failure when we will have the choice of what Football game to buy again. It may be years from now but it will eventually happen. It's one thing I applauded the Dev team from BB on.

Last edited by ABR173rd; 10-13-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 08:52 AM   #16
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Of course they should disclose all the bugs/glitches in their software! (as if we didnt already know.)

And maybe they will someday! (that is... if you beleive in fairy-tales.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »