Home

Rebuilding the Broncos

This is a discussion on Rebuilding the Broncos within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
Rookie

Conanbryan's Arena

OVR: 0
Rebuilding the Broncos

Hey everybody,

I'm starting a new Franchise with the Broncos and I am wondering if there are any signings or trades that would help improve the defensive line, cornerback, tight end or runningback? I'm looking for youth to build around and make a run in the 2013 season. I know that the 2011 and 2012 seasons will be rebuilding.
I am trying to get bigger along the D-line and want a runningback who can carry 25-30 times a game.

Here are some of the players I have an eye on.
Chris Ivory (RB) with the Saints.
Michael Jasper (DT) with the Bills.
Vernon Gholston (LE) Free Agent
Kellen Davis (TE) with the Bears.

Any help would be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Rebuilding the Broncos

I use the Broncos too. The one thing you didn't list was offensive line. I'm in my 2nd year and the halfback position is not a real concern, Knowshon Moreno can get the job done with a better line, and after the 1st year they do improve.

Give your young tight ends a chance, Green and Thomas are very good. Fells sucks as a reciever. You just need to be patient with them.

My defensive line was my bright spot my first season. Try moving Von Miller to DE on passing downs. Ty Warren was d-lineman of the year, and Dumervil is a great pass rusher. But there is need at depth behind Warren.

At corner you have Champ Bailey and thats enough for that side. On the other side is Goodman and he gets beat a lot in man to man coverage, and even more on bump and run. There is a bright spot on the team. Jonathan Wilhite, his overall is not high, but he plays a lot better then you would think he would.

I finished the first season 9-7 and so far in the 2nd season I am 3-2. I did worry about defense more during the offseason. I drafted a DT in the 1st round, a DE in the 2nd round, and a CB in the 3rd round. I also brought in Ronnie Brown at HB, but didn't need too, Moreno is having a great start to the season. My favorite thing is that I just made a trade for Rodgers-Cromarte from Philly, now I have 2 great corners and I am able to keep Wilhite as my nickle guy.

Hope this info helps you out.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

When I started a Broncos Franchise I traded Champ Bailey and DJ Williams...you can get Jimmy Smith and a 1st rounder for Champ from the Ravens. If you're going to go with a 3-4 Defense you have to move Dumervil back to OLB, Von Miller to ILB and possibly trade DJ williams for a Nose Tackle possibly Shaun Rogers from New Orleans as like a stop gap until you pick one up in the draft

Games: Madden 13, MLB 2k12, NBA 2k13, NHL 13, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2, AC3, DW6 Empires, and Max Payne 3

Last edited by Jags4Lyfe; 10-13-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:57 PM   #4
Rookie

Conanbryan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I use the Broncos too. The one thing you didn't list was offensive line. I'm in my 2nd year and the halfback position is not a real concern, Knowshon Moreno can get the job done with a better line, and after the 1st year they do improve.

Give your young tight ends a chance, Green and Thomas are very good. Fells sucks as a reciever. You just need to be patient with them.

My defensive line was my bright spot my first season. Try moving Von Miller to DE on passing downs. Ty Warren was d-lineman of the year, and Dumervil is a great pass rusher. But there is need at depth behind Warren.

At corner you have Champ Bailey and thats enough for that side. On the other side is Goodman and he gets beat a lot in man to man coverage, and even more on bump and run. There is a bright spot on the team. Jonathan Wilhite, his overall is not high, but he plays a lot better then you would think he would.

I finished the first season 9-7 and so far in the 2nd season I am 3-2. I did worry about defense more during the offseason. I drafted a DT in the 1st round, a DE in the 2nd round, and a CB in the 3rd round. I also brought in Ronnie Brown at HB, but didn't need too, Moreno is having a great start to the season. My favorite thing is that I just made a trade for Rodgers-Cromarte from Philly, now I have 2 great corners and I am able to keep Wilhite as my nickle guy.

Hope this info helps you out.
Good to know. I like Julius Thomas and Virgil Green as tight ends and want them as starters, but not Daniel Fells, so I was thinking of trying to find one tight end to replace him. I didn't think that Knowshon would provide a good rush, but I might try that now. Thanks!
Old 10-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
Rookie

Conanbryan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jags4Lyfe
When I started a Broncos Franchise I traded Champ Bailey and DJ Williams...you can get Jimmy Smith and a 1st rounder for Champ from the Ravens. If you're going to go with a 3-4 Defense you have to move Dumervil back to OLB, Von Miller to ILB and possibly trade DJ williams for a Nose Tackle possibly Shaun Rogers from New Orleans as like a stop gap until you pick one up in the draft
I'm not going back to a 3-4, but I do want some big boys in the middle to try to push the offensive line around with some speedier guys on the ends to pressure the QB. I was thinking about trading DJ Williams to philly and getting DRC. I need someone to replace Andre Goodman since he does get beat so badly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 03:05 PM   #6
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conanbryan
Good to know. I like Julius Thomas and Virgil Green as tight ends and want them as starters, but not Daniel Fells, so I was thinking of trying to find one tight end to replace him. I didn't think that Knowshon would provide a good rush, but I might try that now. Thanks!
I have Thomas as a starter, but in shotgun formations I use Green. I hate Fells, he sucks. With the rushing you just have to be patient with Moreno, he will drive you crazy for 1 season, but like I said now in season 2 hes doing great for me. And I play cpu vs cpu so its not me playing its what the computer is doing with him.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I used Fells in Blocking situations only...he might not be the best catching TE but he is a pretty good blocker...Green and Thomas aren't good blockers at all

Games: Madden 13, MLB 2k12, NBA 2k13, NHL 13, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2, AC3, DW6 Empires, and Max Payne 3
Old 10-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #8
Rookie

legenddt's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jags4Lyfe
Whoa do not move von miller to ILB if you switch to 3-4, Miller is an edge rusher at heart and should be used accordingly, he's a beast, use him and dumervil each on an edge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »