Home

Your Underrated Player

This is a discussion on Your Underrated Player within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #17
Pro

yankees028's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Your Underrated Player

really good list. I agree 100% with Berry had a monster season for me in my first season with the skins then I lost him the 2nd year. Mallet also has a rifle like u said.

Another great player is hankerson WR for the skins
Old 10-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #18
Rookie

xElway7x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boling4Humor
Some OSers here told me to take a look at Wisconsin's RB, John Clay. He's a big bruiser that you can almost always find in the Free Agency in the first season of your franchise. Plays beyond his rating and has good potential.

Eric Decker is boss as well.
I agree on the Clay pickup. Every franchise I've started sees him being cut right away. Bruiser, but a tad slow but a good pick up. Shane Vereen always gets cut too. Decent speed and catching ability. Fairly elusive too.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #19
Pro

yankees028's Arena

anyone have any good luck with lower rated secondary players? beside McFadden?
Old 10-13-2011, 07:49 PM   #20
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xElway7x
I agree on the Clay pickup. Every franchise I've started sees him being cut right away. Bruiser, but a tad slow but a good pick up. Shane Vereen always gets cut too. Decent speed and catching ability. Fairly elusive too.
No doubt he lacks in speed. I usually use him in goal line situations as well as 3rd and 2 or less. Usually gets about 8-10 touches a game in my franchise.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #21
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Offensively- Robert Meachem, his overall is between 72-74. 6'3 Speedster decent hands. The only issue is no matter how well he does his progression is terrible.

Defensively- Martez Wilson, I move him to ROLB in place of Shanle, The guy can Blitz, stop the run and is above average in zone coverage. In the first season He progressed up to a 77Ovrl. Depending on how he does after his second season he may be Vilmas future replacement.

I like Jonathan Baldwin but I waited until my second season to trade for him and overpaid. He has major potential but he's leading my team in dropped passes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 08:52 PM   #22
Pro

yankees028's Arena

il have to give Wilson a shot I was looking for a cheap fill in backup that can contribute
Old 10-13-2011, 09:47 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees028
il have to give Wilson a shot I was looking for a cheap fill in backup that can contribute
WR Greg Little 70 ovr
CB Buster Shrine 61 ovr?
CB Chimdi Chekwa 65 ovr
Old 10-13-2011, 10:19 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xElway7x
Lower rated QBs perform good in anything other than All Madden. I have a tough time playing with Tebow because he's inaccurate, maybe a little too inaccurate on that setting. It's possible to do well with a low rated QB though, but it's tough. Gotta lead pass a lot.

I actually have had some luck with Tebow on the Redskins. In my third year he is as good as any QB in the league now. My first year was just full with Short 2-5 yrd passes, running and a few rough stretches. Another good pick up I had was Lendale White after quite a few injuries.

One of the best underated running backs is Roy Helu from the Skins though. He has great speed and Strong.. Too bad he gets injured quite a bit.

At WR I have had a good few seasons with Leonard hankerson and the biggest suprise is Reggie Bush at Wide Reciever. I picked him up at the beginning of the season an had a 1,000 yrd season. He seems to break a ton of tackles in the secondary.

All of this was on All-Madden too. Lot of good underrated players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »