Home

Year 2 Redskins Rebuild. Trade for Mallett?

This is a discussion on Year 2 Redskins Rebuild. Trade for Mallett? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Year 2 Redskins Rebuild. Trade for Mallett?

I'm currently playing with the Lions, but Stafford is hurt as usual, so I'm changing to the Skins at season's end.

Looks like the Redskins won't have a top 10 pick, so instead of drafting a rookie, I plan to trade for Mallett. He's currently the 3rd QB on the Patriots. Has anyone played with him? Does he progress well?

I'm hoping he can be what I wanted out of Stafford, a strong armed QB that I can push the ball down the field with.

Last edited by blahblah432; 10-13-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
Pro

yankees028's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Year 2 Redskins Rebuild. Trade for Mallett?

ya he has a straight up cannon. I loved him in my skins chise.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah432
I'm currently playing with the Lions, but Stafford is hurt as usual, so I'm changing to the Skins at season's end.

Looks like the Redskins won't have a top 10, so instead of drafting a rookie, I plan to trade for Mallett. He's currently the 3rd QB on the Patriots. Has anyone played with him? Does he progress well?

I'm hoping he can be what I wanted out of Stafford, a strong armed QB that I can push the ball down the field with.

He has B potential, I took him in year one of my old franchise, he progressed from 71 to 77 overall i beleive? if he sat as a backup during the first season, im assuming you're going to be trading for him at 73 ovr?

He's pretty solid even at 70-80 overall. Cannon of an arm.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
He has B potential, I took him in year one of my old franchise, he progressed from 71 to 77 overall i beleive? if he sat as a backup during the first season, im assuming you're going to be trading for him at 73 ovr?

He's pretty solid even at 70-80 overall. Cannon of an arm.
I'm in week 5, season 1, so he's still 71. B potential is not bad. I can totally work with that. I definitely need to work on the receiving corps to give him some reliable targets. I'm probably going to sim through the rest of my Lions chise and start on the Redskins now. Stafford is out 10 weeks anyway.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #5
Rookie

suthrnthug's Arena

OVR: 5

I would check FA before making a trade. I know Green Bay Packer back-up quarterback Matt Flynn should be available in FA. He could be fun and challenging to build a team around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthrnthug
I would check FA before making a trade. I know Green Bay Packer back-up quarterback Matt Flynn should be available in FA. He could be fun and challenging to build a team around.
I picked him up in my 49ers chise. He's great in the WCO, but I'm going to run a vertical offense with the Redskins to mix it up a bit. Need a big arm behind center for that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »