Home

Formation Subs?

This is a discussion on Formation Subs? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Formation Subs?

Are formation subs even possible anymore?
If they are I can't find them anywhere!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 10:59 PM   #2
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Formation Subs?

You have to do them once you start a game,best way i have found is start a game turn off play clock go in and do all your subs then when your finished turn it back on,once you do the subs in game the substitutions you made stay so you do not have to do it every time you start a game.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:50 PM   #3
Pro

That's a pretty good workaround. Unfortunately, though, the actual substitution screen that was available in previous Madden games is no longer there. Also gone is the ability to create packages, which was a great feature.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanent1
You have to do them once you start a game,best way i have found is start a game turn off play clock go in and do all your subs then when your finished turn it back on,once you do the subs in game the substitutions you made stay so you do not have to do it every time you start a game.
I can't find them once I start the game. Where are they?
Old 10-15-2011, 10:22 AM   #5
Rookie

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #6
Rookie

Woodcutta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiyuan927760
How is this a workaround? What the OP was talking about was making actual formation subs. You can't do this in Madden which makes no sense b/c you can in NCAA. So, for example, lets say you want an all speed option in your wildcat formation and instead of having your #1 RB w/ 90 speed taking the snap you want your #3 RB that has 98 speed taking the snap. This is no longer possible unless you actually sub in your #3 RB. Completely illogical.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:00 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodcutta
How is this a workaround? What the OP was talking about was making actual formation subs. You can't do this in Madden which makes no sense b/c you can in NCAA. So, for example, lets say you want an all speed option in your wildcat formation and instead of having your #1 RB w/ 90 speed taking the snap you want your #3 RB that has 98 speed taking the snap. This is no longer possible unless you actually sub in your #3 RB. Completely illogical.
It was in..2006 I think! Why take out a perfectly useful feature?...
Old 10-16-2011, 07:25 AM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

No question NCAA handles formation subs WAY better than Madden does. It needs to be a menu outside of the game. Madden's menu system is pretty bad too in franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »