Home

Madden's bqiggest gameplay deficiency: QB AI

This is a discussion on Madden's bqiggest gameplay deficiency: QB AI within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Madden's bqiggest gameplay deficiency: QB AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
Higher completion percentage isn't even the main problem I'm talking about. Its the decision making. They consistently throw underthrown bombs, plus the play calling is terrible. 2nd and long and they call a four verts. Screw getting the first down in two chunks on 2nd and 3rd down, the AI just wants to chuck a hail mary pass in the 2nd quarter for no reason. If the AI were actually any good the percentage would go up anyway because the QBs would be making smarter throws and calling better plays. I honestly don't understand why anyone would defend the QB AI in this game. I just don't. My experience is that it is just terrible. Putting the difficulty up just makes the AI cheat in other areas of the game, like super DBs, and doesn't really improve the QB AI besides maybe making all their passes superaccurate when getting hit within a second of the snap by a DE.
This isn't Madden 11.. The Super DBs do not show up like they did on 11 and the CPU QBs don't get the ball off quick like that anymore more when getting hit. They toned all of that down on 12. You can throw every route on the game without worrying about the DBs running the routes.. People need to stop using that excuse on Madden 12. The AIs decision making and throws are much better on All-Madden sliders. I don't feel cheated and a lot of other guys who play All-Madden sliders don't feel cheated either. Its fun and challenging. Its up to the USER to call the right schemes to slow the CPU down.. If your playcalling is terrible you will get shredded and punished like you should. Nothing to do with being cheated like some guys use as an excuse for getting beat..

They do call those dumb Verticals here and there but if you have the sliders right you will get a very competitive game against the CPU QB without feeling cheated and my sliders provide that. My sliders have been tested out by plenty of guys who are very good at Madden and I haven't had one complaint about the CPU QB being terrible. You can test them out if you think there's no way in making the CPU QB better and that goes for anyone else who believes that.. The only time I hear about how bad the CPU QB plays is from guys who play on All-Pro or All-Pro sliders where the CPU QB does play terrible like they are suppose to.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 10-14-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I am an advocate of slider adjustments to improve game play, but even I know that you "can't fix stupid," and that is just what the AI in Madden is.

The only way to make the computer look like a better QB than it is, is by making the defense even dumber. That's not a solution. I wish there was a slider to improve the AI's decision making, but honestly, I think when we play against 99 awareness QBs, we already get the best that Tiburon could give us.

I wish the computer's AI was so good at making the right read and he right throw that we had to complain about it being too good. I wish that we had an AI slider for Quarter Backs and Running Backs... and that we had to turn it down.
This is true I wish they did have the sliders super tough to where we didn't have to crank the sliders all the way up to 100 but the fact is you will get a great game against the CPU when you do if your that good. I'm talking about All-Madden sliders. It doesn't matter how high you put the sliders up on All-Pro if you a very good at Madden.. If you have the sliders set up right like I do you will get a very competitive and realistic game against the CPU QB and RBs.. I been waiting for you to test my sliders out since 11 PG. All you have to do is read the feedback from the many guys who are using my sliders.. I make them for guys who are very good at the game like myself because I hate playing against a terrible CPU. The game would get boring for me quick so I need the CPU to be very competitive. Check em out when you get a chance..
Old 10-14-2011, 01:24 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
This isn't Madden 11.. The Super DBs do not show up like they did on 11 and the CPU QBs don't get the ball like that no more when getting hit. They toned all of that down on 12. You can throw every route on the game without worrying about the DBs running the routes.. People need to stop using that excuse on Madden 12. The AIs decision making and throws are much better on All-Madden sliders. I don't feel cheated and a lot of other guys who play All-Madden sliders don't feel cheated either. Its fun and challenging. Its up to the USER to call the right schemes to slow the CPU down.. If your playcalling is terrible you will get shredded and punished like you should. Nothing to do with being cheated like some guys use as an excuse for getting beat..

They do call those dumb Verticals here and there but if you have the sliders right you will get a very competitive game against the CPU QB without feeling cheated and my sliders provide that. My sliders have been tested out by plenty of guys who are very good at Madden and I haven't had one complaint about the CPU QB being terrible. You can test them out if you think there's no way in making the CPU QB better and that goes for anyone else who believes that.. The only time I hear about how bad the CPU QB plays is from guys who play on All-Pro or All-Pro sliders where the CPU QB does play terrible like they are suppose to.
I have seen every single one of those things happen on Madden '12

Yes, it is toned down from Madden '11, but it's all still there.

Last edited by Franchise408; 10-14-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
I have seen every single one of those things happen on Madden '12
It happens here in there but not like it did on 11. They definitely toned down both of those issues on 12.. I'm able to hit every route on the game with no problem with the CPUs pass defense maxed out and I get way more sacks on 12 then I did on 11 because the CPU no longer shoots the ball off quick like they did on 11 when getting hit. Those were two things I noticed quick when playing 12 and I was happy about it.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:30 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
The fact that they arbitrarily call time outs with 1:01 on the clock is rather annoying. To go along with the AI in the final 2 minutes of a close game. I hate how stupid they are but I always like #winning.

I agree the AIs 2 minute drill on both sides of the ball needs to be fix..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
It happens here in there but not like it did on 11. They definitely toned down both of those issues on 12.. I'm able to hit every route on the game with no problem with the CPUs pass defense maxed out and I get way more sacks on 12 then I did on 11 because the CPU no longer shoots the ball off quick like they did on 11 when getting hit. Those were two things I noticed quick when playing 12 and I was happy about it.
Yea it's definitely all toned down, but I still see the QB rocket pass over the middle while getting blown up from the blind side, and CPU's psychically knowing routes before the receiver runs it way more than it should happen.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

I play on All-Madden, super DB's and LB's don't bother me anymore, because I don't make stupid throws. Haven't had an int in a while now. The QB AI is a little off from time to time, but I think its more of a case of the dynamic performance. If the QB makes his 1st couple of thorws I'm usually in for a long day. If not, and I get pressure than its an easy day.

Simply put, just put it on All-Madden.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
Yea it's definitely all toned down, but I still see the QB rocket pass over the middle while getting blown up from the blind side, and CPU's psychically knowing routes before the receiver runs it way more than it should happen.

I agree... But its better then being late with there reads and throwing those slow and late floating passes like they do on All-Pro which sounds like the level a lot of the guys in this thread are playing on from the comments I'm seeing..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 10-14-2011 at 01:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »