Home

Madden's bqiggest gameplay deficiency: QB AI

This is a discussion on Madden's bqiggest gameplay deficiency: QB AI within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2011, 01:41 PM   #25
Rookie

jack58's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden's bqiggest gameplay deficiency: QB AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwillblue
I play on All-Madden, super DB's and LB's don't bother me anymore, because I don't make stupid throws. Haven't had an int in a while now. The QB AI is a little off from time to time, but I think its more of a case of the dynamic performance. If the QB makes his 1st couple of thorws I'm usually in for a long day. If not, and I get pressure than its an easy day.

Simply put, just put it on All-Madden.
I have to admit that I have made the move to All-Madden sliders this year, and the game plays much better. I'm still tweaking away on my own personal set (bought the game late this year) ... but it was immediately noticeable that AM is much better than any All-Pro sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #26
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
It happens here in there but not like it did on 11. They definitely toned down both of those issues on 12.. I'm able to hit every route on the game with no problem with the CPUs pass defense maxed out and I get way more sacks on 12 then I did on 11 because the CPU no longer shoots the ball off quick like they did on 11 when getting hit. Those were two things I noticed quick when playing 12 and I was happy about it.
Actually the problem really isn't as much with the DBs (indeed my own DBs will often not do anything on deep balls) but with the jumping linebackers. Wide open targets over the middle are at the mercy of the LB in shallow coverage...
Old 10-14-2011, 04:18 PM   #27
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
This isn't Madden 11.. The Super DBs do not show up like they did on 11 and the CPU QBs don't get the ball off quick like that anymore more when getting hit. They toned all of that down on 12. You can throw every route on the game without worrying about the DBs running the routes.. People need to stop using that excuse on Madden 12. The AIs decision making and throws are much better on All-Madden sliders. I don't feel cheated and a lot of other guys who play All-Madden sliders don't feel cheated either. Its fun and challenging. Its up to the USER to call the right schemes to slow the CPU down.. If your playcalling is terrible you will get shredded and punished like you should. Nothing to do with being cheated like some guys use as an excuse for getting beat..

They do call those dumb Verticals here and there but if you have the sliders right you will get a very competitive game against the CPU QB without feeling cheated and my sliders provide that. My sliders have been tested out by plenty of guys who are very good at Madden and I haven't had one complaint about the CPU QB being terrible. You can test them out if you think there's no way in making the CPU QB better and that goes for anyone else who believes that.. The only time I hear about how bad the CPU QB plays is from guys who play on All-Pro or All-Pro sliders where the CPU QB does play terrible like they are suppose to.

I have been noticing more and more (I am in year 2 of my chise) that the cpu QB AI is weak. And I have noticed more and more the horrid limp wrist throws guys like Brady, Manning an Rodgers have made. And it is making me cringe.

I am going to take the leap tonight and plug your All-Madden Sliders in. I am a seasoned Madden player and I am getting too good with Madden 12.

It always happens. First 16-20 games I am learned the feel for the new game etc etc....even though it does not change too much...I am rusty. Then I get my rhythm again and of course the AI becomes too predictable.

Time to move up to All-Madden as I love Madden 12 and want to keep playing for at least 4-5 seasons in my chise without getting bored.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #28
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Slightly off topic, but clock management is another AI disaster, and shows they really don't spend too much effort on this area of the game. Pretty sad considering how long this franchise has been around.
The weird thing is that clock management is something that stays pretty much the same from year to year IRL. Once you nailed it down in the game it isn't something that constantly needs to be redone every year. Really no reason for it to be consistently bad.

---

I also think sliders are overrated. I'm pretty confident I could go into someone's Madden, switch their sliders around and as long as I kept it at the same difficulty level they wouldn't really notice. A lot of it IMO is just placebo and time spent tweaking sliders constantly is largely a waste. There's no magic formula and the only QB specific slider is accuracy which doesn't (shouldn't) change the decision making just how spot on the balls are.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #29
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
---

I also think sliders are overrated. I'm pretty confident I could go into someone's Madden, switch their sliders around and as long as I kept it at the same difficulty level they wouldn't really notice. A lot of it IMO is just placebo and time spent tweaking sliders constantly is largely a waste. There's no magic formula and the only QB specific slider is accuracy which doesn't (shouldn't) change the decision making just how spot on the balls are.
I respect your opinion, but strongly disagree with it.

I've been playing sports games on consoles and PC's and I spend months trying to get to the avgs of each sport until I'm satisfied.

It's not a waste of time for those that enjoy doing it.

Never have and never will play with a sports game with sliders out of the box.

To each their own.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:04 PM   #30
Rookie

jack58's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

I've been playing sports games on consoles and PC's and I spend months trying to get to the avgs of each sport until I'm satisfied.

To each their own.
I hate having to spend so much time messing with sliders, but I completely disagree that they don't make a difference. I see dramatic changes in gameplay based on certain slider adjustments I make ... but to each his own.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #31
Rookie

jack58's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
Actually the problem really isn't as much with the DBs (indeed my own DBs will often not do anything on deep balls) but with the jumping linebackers. Wide open targets over the middle are at the mercy of the LB in shallow coverage...
Now that's a point that is hard to argue with ... LB's are definitely too effective in shallow pass coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #32
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

To each their own.
I'm not saying that they don't do anything or that you should play with sliders left on default. What I am saying is that the differences from one set of sliders to another are not very great and the overall impact of sliders are over-exaggerated. I'm talking about Madden, esp on All Madden where you have to keep Hum totals under 75.

To me spending months tweaking sliders is a waste. Too many people searching for a magical slider set that will cure all ails, and too many people promising they've made ones that do. Doesn't exist. Esp in this case where the sliders we have don't even hit the root of the problem.

They're a good tool but they get consistently overrated.

Last edited by poopoop; 10-14-2011 at 05:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »