Home

Madden's bqiggest gameplay deficiency: QB AI

This is a discussion on Madden's bqiggest gameplay deficiency: QB AI within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #33
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden's bqiggest gameplay deficiency: QB AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
I'm not saying that they don't do anything or that you should play with sliders left on default. What I am saying is that the differences from one set of sliders to another are not very great and the overall impact of sliders are over-exaggerated. I'm talking about Madden, esp on All Madden where you have to keep Hum totals under 75.

To me spending months tweaking sliders is a waste. Too many people searching for a magical slider set that will cure all ails, and too many people promising they've made ones that do. Doesn't exist. Esp in this case where the sliders we have don't even hit the root of the problem.

They're a good tool but they get consistently overrated.
I would tend to agree with this and I believe slider sets give EA unwarranted leniency for some Madden issues.

I am happy for those that find enjoyment in the game through slider sets, game speed changes, rating adjustments, etc but I just don't see how making minor adjustments, to what I believe to be foundationally flawed mechanics, will improve things much.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 8

I have the cpu QBA at 100 and they still make horrible throws...especially to the flats, where the balls come out high and floaty. Even with my DB AI at 0, they still make quite a few interceptions.

I'm a very average player and unfortunately it's basically ruined the game for me. I don't know how good Madden players ever lose in their franchise.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:42 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I have been noticing more and more (I am in year 2 of my chise) that the cpu QB AI is weak. And I have noticed more and more the horrid limp wrist throws guys like Brady, Manning an Rodgers have made. And it is making me cringe.

I am going to take the leap tonight and plug your All-Madden Sliders in. I am a seasoned Madden player and I am getting too good with Madden 12.

It always happens. First 16-20 games I am learned the feel for the new game etc etc....even though it does not change too much...I am rusty. Then I get my rhythm again and of course the AI becomes too predictable.

Time to move up to All-Madden as I love Madden 12 and want to keep playing for at least 4-5 seasons in my chise without getting bored.
You can only do so much with the AI on All-Pro.. Once you have everything down packed there's no way the CPU can hang with you on All-Pro.. It doesn't take long to find a perfect set for your skill level on All-Madden. Play at least 3 or 4 games to get an overall feel for how the sliders are working out and I'll help you adjust any area you are having trouble in whether its too easy or hard.. I'll be looking forward to your feedback..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 06:53 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
The weird thing is that clock management is something that stays pretty much the same from year to year IRL. Once you nailed it down in the game it isn't something that constantly needs to be redone every year. Really no reason for it to be consistently bad.

---

I also think sliders are overrated. I'm pretty confident I could go into someone's Madden, switch their sliders around and as long as I kept it at the same difficulty level they wouldn't really notice. A lot of it IMO is just placebo and time spent tweaking sliders constantly is largely a waste. There's no magic formula and the only QB specific slider is accuracy which doesn't (shouldn't) change the decision making just how spot on the balls are.
Haha! We had a long debate about this on 11 and like I told you then the only way you will every find out is by trying instead of assuming what you would do like you did last year. Trust me tweaking sliders around makes a big difference when you do it. This comment would probably be very funny to all the guys who actually use sliders..

I consider myself a very good player at Madden and if I can put together a set that I feel is very challenging I expect it to be the same for anybody else who plays the game straight up without using any glitches or cheats to win(It will still be a challenge even if you tried to cheat). I haven't had one guy tell me my sliders were easy and there are a lot of guys who use my sliders who are very good at Madden like myself. I have 2 sets a base set in red for guys to see where they are at if they are coming from All-Pro sliders and my hard set in black for skilled players who punish the CPU on default All-Madden or lower All-Madden sliders. There is definitely a difference in those 2 sets. My sliders is in my signature if you are feeling that good about what you would do to someone's sliders you need to try it instead of assuming what you would do..
Old 10-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
Actually the problem really isn't as much with the DBs (indeed my own DBs will often not do anything on deep balls) but with the jumping linebackers. Wide open targets over the middle are at the mercy of the LB in shallow coverage...
It happens sometimes but not like it use too. It actually does'nt even bother me anymore.. Using the left stick helps get it over there head a lot. You just have to be careful when throwing in that zone.. I'll usually look to my next read if I feel its a chance of getting picked off by an LB..
Old 10-14-2011, 07:04 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack58
I hate having to spend so much time messing with sliders, but I completely disagree that they don't make a difference. I see dramatic changes in gameplay based on certain slider adjustments I make ... but to each his own.
Its a crazy comment. He's never even tried messing with sliders.. You don't make a comment like that if you haven't messed with sliders before. We had a long debate about this last year because he was talking about how bad the CPU played and I was trying to get him to use my sliders if he was having an easy team with the CPU like that but he refused because he believed it would be the same.. He was also basing how bad the AI played on All-Madden in an online league I believe where I heard the CPU played like crap online on All-Madden compared to the way they play offline.. But you right to each his own but at least try messing with sliders before you make a comment like that..
Old 10-14-2011, 07:09 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
I have the cpu QBA at 100 and they still make horrible throws...especially to the flats, where the balls come out high and floaty. Even with my DB AI at 0, they still make quite a few interceptions.

I'm a very average player and unfortunately it's basically ruined the game for me. I don't know how good Madden players ever lose in their franchise.
Are you playing on All-Pro? That mainly happens on All-Pro or All-Pro sliders. Play on All-Madden or All-Madden sliders with the CPUs accuracy on 100 along with the WR catching and you will see pin point passes on the money and none of those slow floating passes like you do on All-Pro especially from the elite QBs.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:21 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
I'm not saying that they don't do anything or that you should play with sliders left on default. What I am saying is that the differences from one set of sliders to another are not very great and the overall impact of sliders are over-exaggerated. I'm talking about Madden, esp on All Madden where you have to keep Hum totals under 75.

To me spending months tweaking sliders is a waste. Too many people searching for a magical slider set that will cure all ails, and too many people promising they've made ones that do. Doesn't exist. Esp in this case where the sliders we have don't even hit the root of the problem.

They're a good tool but they get consistently overrated.
It doesn't take me long to put together a set especially when looking for a challenge(with realistic results). I know the exact areas to mess with to get the sliders right for myself. I finished my slider set in like 2 weeks both my base set and my tough set. All I do now is help people adjust them to suit there style of play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »