Home

Mutant Draft Classes.......

This is a discussion on Mutant Draft Classes....... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2011, 11:59 AM   #9
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Mutant Draft Classes.......

So this isn't a Mutant League Football draft class thread?

Anyway, sliders, sliders, sliders. So much can be fixed with them. Ea at least needs to give us an option for an in game workaround for these flaws.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:02 PM   #10
Rookie

Bigmac612's Arena

OVR: 3

im hoping that it is address in this patch and that they just felt like it wasnt worth mentioning or some ish like that......so im still kinda holding out hope....slim hope
Old 10-16-2011, 12:04 PM   #11
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharr
The root of the problem is the custom editing of players in NCAA 12. Most of us down load rosters of others work which they edit shoulder pad height and so forth which carries over to madden. What I did was edit the pad height down to 0 as well some other players physical attributes before transporting the draft class and the players looked normal. Most of the time its just he big lineman, receivers and some big qbs with this problem. Don't edit every player but just the top 8 in the postion group.
I thought the same thing too but then I saw the UDFA's had the same problem so I'm not sure thats the problem.Plus I've edited the classes more than 20 times I know and they always come out strange.I've tried setting all equipment to default to setting all body types from 100 to 0 and there was no set way to fix them.Some classes Luck would come out fine while Landry came out not so fine,vise versa.

@ 43M I would say the most ridiculous part of this is the PS2 version allows you to edit the body types of the players but what,,7 or so years into the PS3 and 360,s cycle we still cant?? Thats pretty ridiculous to me,,rather funny if you think about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 12:39 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43M
I dont use imported and havent had any UDFAs on my team.

Cant you edit the shoulder pads down? Just curious.

And its utterly ridiculous that we cant edit physical characteristics in franchise mode.
The shoulder pads stick out about a foot beyond the players arms, not high but wide.
So nothing you can edit.

I see similar issues with the Madden classes too, not just NCAA import.

I don't understand WHY we can edit player models. We can make a crappy player a star y editing but we can't fix their mistakes?
Old 10-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #13
Dirty- Never Clean

DIRTYSTEVE's Arena

OVR: 3

I noticed this after reading this post. It promtped me to get rid of the few UDFA's I had on the team. I then checked my drafted players and only 2 where "glitched". I checked this out on other teams and it appears that most of the UDFA's are affected (you can tell who they are since they are usually "F" potential with 40-50 ratings).

The "glitch" seems to affect:

- Extremely wide shoulder pads
- Extremely large head vs. rest of body
- Glitched gear (tc gloves or under armor sleeves showing as white)

Nothing I have tried seems to correct the issue regarding the shoulder pads or large heads. Apparently rebooting your console fixes the gear color issue.

Are you guys seeing anything else? It appears staying away from UDFA's and using regular drafted players not associated with the import draft classes are the way to go until patched.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTYSTEVE
I noticed this after reading this post. It promtped me to get rid of the few UDFA's I had on the team. I then checked my drafted players and only 2 where "glitched". I checked this out on other teams and it appears that most of the UDFA's are affected (you can tell who they are since they are usually "F" potential with 40-50 ratings).

Nothing I have tried seems to correct the issue regarding the shoulder pads or large heads. Apparently rebooting your console fixes the gear color issue.

Are you guys seeing anything else? It appears staying away from UDFA's and using regular drafted players not associated with the import draft classes are the way to go until patched.
Yeah and small heads too. Especially on the big QB's I drafted a 6'6 240lbs QB and he had a pin head.

Dion Lewis for the Eagles looks like a bobble head!
Old 10-16-2011, 04:14 PM   #15
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTYSTEVE

So correct me if I'm wrong but it would appear y'all are saying the NCAA imported draft classes and the pre-season UDFAs are the MOST affected by this glitch? On the other hand the Madden draft classes are affected also just not NEAR as much? Right? So idealy...if I am TIRED of waiting for patch #2 that mentioned NOTHING about this shoulder pad glitch and a currently non-existent patch #3... Not to mention I have heard that the imported classes have other issues like Andrew luck being black?! My best bet is 1 of 2 options...
1. I use my first 2-3 years of NCAA draft classes then switch to Maddden draft classes to minimize the damage done by these HUGE shoulder pad glitched players while still taking advantage of playing with "real" rookies.
2. I just use Madden draft classes

What do you guys think?
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 04:43 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdfan76
So correct me if I'm wrong but it would appear y'all are saying the NCAA imported draft classes and the pre-season UDFAs are the MOST affected by this glitch? On the other hand the Madden draft classes are affected also just not NEAR as much? Right? So idealy...if I am TIRED of waiting for patch #2 that mentioned NOTHING about this shoulder pad glitch and a currently non-existent patch #3... Not to mention I have heard that the imported classes have other issues like Andrew luck being black?! My best bet is 1 of 2 options...
1. I use my first 2-3 years of NCAA draft classes then switch to Maddden draft classes to minimize the damage done by these HUGE shoulder pad glitched players while still taking advantage of playing with "real" rookies.
2. I just use Madden draft classes

What do you guys think?
I would only use madden draft classes. When I used NCAA, I found that almost 70% of the players had giant shoulder pads. And NCAA pad height doesn't fix it.

I would let the draft happen, then edit the players. Ex. Change the name of first qb drafted to Andrew luck. Or find a player with similar height weight, then edit. I only do this with like 10 players.

Luck, Blackmon, Barkley, Richardson, etc. Those top prospects but no Oline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »