Home

This article from IGN.......

This is a discussion on This article from IGN....... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: This article from IGN.......

^^^^ This has been done MANY TIMES to no avail.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 12:28 PM   #26
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89OneHanded
Great article. Took the words right out of my mouth.

Question for OS people. If I created a petition directed towards the NFLPA to not allow one company to exclusively own the license after EA's deal expires in 2013, how many of you would sign it? I think we'd need to get about 10,000 before the NFLPA would actually listen or take us seriously. I'd love to get somewhere near a million, but I don't even know where to find that many Madden fans. Facebook? EA's website?
It's not the NFLPA that makes those decisions, you would need to direct all your efforts to Roger Goodell and the NFL who prefer the way they do business with exclusivity.

Good luck with your efforts.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 41

Interesting

Season 1 CHAMPION!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 04:49 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89OneHanded
Great article. Took the words right out of my mouth.

Question for OS people. If I created a petition directed towards the NFLPA to not allow one company to exclusively own the license after EA's deal expires in 2013, how many of you would sign it? I think we'd need to get about 10,000 before the NFLPA would actually listen or take us seriously. I'd love to get somewhere near a million, but I don't even know where to find that many Madden fans. Facebook? EA's website?

you know what might work? Occupy EA. I don't live near their HQ but it is worth a shot, right?
Old 10-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #29
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoonie05
^^^^ This has been done MANY TIMES to no avail.....
Well that is disappointing. Most likely all of those other times there were not enough people solicited for it. Unfortunately, I don't have the means or the time to solicit enough people either. God I hate sitting back and taking whatever happens. The consumer (should) has the power. It's too bad it doesn't actually work that way anymore.

@roadman; Goodell, the owners, and the coaches association are responsible for the rights to the team uniforms, logos, coach and stadium likenesses. The NFLPA is responsible for the players likenesses/numbers/names. So it's sort of half and half. I chose the NFLPA to petition because I figured they were slightly more in tune with the "little people," especially considering how they were just bent over by the owners in the lockout results and therefore would be a little more likely to actually take the petition into account.

Of course, now it doesn't look like I'm petitioning anyone, but that was the thought process. Oh well.

Bend over, football video game consumers.
Take it all the way in.
Just like that.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 11

At this point and after so many years, the premise of the article is tired and played out--almost as if the writer was trying to think of something to write about, couldn't think of anything in particular, and decided to fall back on this.

For the record, I agree with those who say Madden needs competition. But there's nothing in the article that hasn't been argued repeatedly in this forum and others for years. It's such a given that it's almost irrelevant to bring it up. All of the articles and internet forums won't change a thing as long as the NFL is making money hand over fist from someone willing to pay for the exclusivity.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:46 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by il blood il
completely agree with this..all it really helps outside of what you said is "edit player"...then you can just make the nfl teams and there you have a great game haha
I also agree with this and that is the main reason for why APF and backbreaker didn't do so well. They should have went all out with those games, but they decided to release half of a game for $60. I'm tired of madden too, so that's why I decided to work on my own truly next gen football game. But your probably not going to see anything until about 1-2 years later, going to be creating a new engine to take advantage of DirectX11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 12:13 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well it's fairly obvious that with the lack of competition from other companies; Madden has slowly digressed/progressed over the past 7 going on 8 years. Competition forces companies to work harder to deliver a better product than their rival(s). This is an old argument though and honestly I'm tired of discussing it. We all know that Madden would be at least 5X better if 2k was still out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »