Home

Out of the Game

This is a discussion on Out of the Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Out of the Game

My home was broken into this morning and they took all the electronics accept for my computer. They did wreck the HD monitor trying to rip it from the desk so I am using a very out dated monitor from the basement. They took my son's Wii and all 5 games, and my PS3 and all of my sports games. I will not be purchasing another gaming console as I just can't replace all of the time I had put into all of these great sources of stress release. I waited so patiently to purchase the Wii for my son, my PS3 and finally an HD television. And then some scumbuckets broke in and took it away. So I will be going back to the table top sports games that I grew up with as I just can't fathom spending my hard earned money on things that I save up for only to have some morons come in and claim the things for themselves. I absolutely loved this website and I will miss it as it was very insightful and brought me more enjoyment to my hobby than I could have ever hoped. So thank you Operation Sports and also most of the inhabitants of this great site. You will be missed.

Yount19....Out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Out of the Game

ahhh strange they only took your video games...
Old 10-15-2011, 11:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Calipup's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by il blood il
ahhh strange they only took your video games...
I'm sure they stole more than just electronics, but something as small as a video game is worth 60 dollars. You would rather steal a diamond ring than a refrigerator because of the size difference.

But I feel bad for you man. I would hate for that too happen to me. All that hard earned money spent just for it to be stolen. Hopefully the cops could track them down if they bother with it at all.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:11 AM   #4
Rookie

Well, along with the video game consoles and games, they took 2 televisions, jewelery, and some money. They turned all 3 of our bedrooms upside down and stole my son's cell phone.... which they have conveniently placed 32 phone calls with as of 5:34 PM. I have been printing out the phone usage records and will do so until Monday when I will suspend service to that phone. All the calls that these morons are making are on my free nights and weekends plan until then so they can give us as many leads (phone calls) as they want until Monday. Another thing that theses "World's Dumbest Criminals" move that they made was when they went into my son's dresser they took the 3 used PS3 games and left his wallet with $50 that was right next to the games untouched!!! They are obviously young, dumb kids.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:26 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by yount19
My home was broken into this morning and they took all the electronics accept for my computer. They did wreck the HD monitor trying to rip it from the desk so I am using a very out dated monitor from the basement. They took my son's Wii and all 5 games, and my PS3 and all of my sports games. I will not be purchasing another gaming console as I just can't replace all of the time I had put into all of these great sources of stress release. I waited so patiently to purchase the Wii for my son, my PS3 and finally an HD television. And then some scumbuckets broke in and took it away. So I will be going back to the table top sports games that I grew up with as I just can't fathom spending my hard earned money on things that I save up for only to have some morons come in and claim the things for themselves. I absolutely loved this website and I will miss it as it was very insightful and brought me more enjoyment to my hobby than I could have ever hoped. So thank you Operation Sports and also most of the inhabitants of this great site. You will be missed.

Yount19....Out
Wow, that's horrible!! I am thankful that both you and your son are safe and ok. I hope they catch who it is. Unfortunately, the fear now of your house being unsafe will take awhile to get over. It's unfortunate that people who do the right thing end up on the bad side of things like this. I just hope that you can use this opportunity now to talk to your son more and the dangers around us, and also can do some different games now like catch in the yard or board games or just talk for awhile! I pray that you feel comforted in this rough time bro!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 05:03 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0

Dude
You can't just quit. Get back on the horse. It'll take some time. But you love it too much to just quit. Same thing coulda happened if your house caught fire. You rebuild and start again. It's not healthy to just give up. Hang in there, we're all rooting for you.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
Rookie

elijah53johnston's Arena

Same thing happened to me except it was a string of robberies that lasted a year. I lost my flat screen, laptop, ps3 and about 30 games plus 2 xbox games, my wii, and both of my ps2's. Im just glad my 360 was at a different location. Some people are really scumbags
Old 10-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 16

Tony Dungy quote: “You can't always control circumstances. However, you can always control your attitude, approach, and response. Your options are to complain or to look ahead and figure out how to make the situation better.”

I know this is a hard quote to take in and follow, but do the best you can!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »