Home

Franchise Questions

This is a discussion on Franchise Questions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Franchise Questions

I have played Madden off and on for the years, and just bought 12 this week. I have started a new franchise with the Panthers and have played just a couple of games, and have some quick questions.

1. If I am tweaking the sliders, am I correct that I set my Custom sliders in the Madden Main Menu and then set the Franchise to CUstom to adjust?

2. As for sliders, I won farily easily on All Pro. What sliders would you guys recommend?

3. Any play books with the zone read or option plays since I have SCam Newton

4. As for rebuilding, I have noticed that is pretty easy to get future 1st round picks, am I going to regret this later?

5. As for scouting, why can I not change who I am scouting each week?

6. As for the preseason, do I need to play the games to affect the ratings of the rookies, or is it simply slowly revealing the ratings. I hate playing preseason games

Thanks in advance for any help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 07:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Franchise Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensan04
I have played Madden off and on for the years, and just bought 12 this week. I have started a new franchise with the Panthers and have played just a couple of games, and have some quick questions.

1. If I am tweaking the sliders, am I correct that I set my Custom sliders in the Madden Main Menu and then set the Franchise to CUstom to adjust?

2. As for sliders, I won farily easily on All Pro. What sliders would you guys recommend?

3. Any play books with the zone read or option plays since I have SCam Newton

4. As for rebuilding, I have noticed that is pretty easy to get future 1st round picks, am I going to regret this later?

5. As for scouting, why can I not change who I am scouting each week?

6. As for the preseason, do I need to play the games to affect the ratings of the rookies, or is it simply slowly revealing the ratings. I hate playing preseason games

Thanks in advance for any help.
1. Yes

2. Blue Ninjas or Playmakers

3. Raiders maybe? Could make yourself a custom playbook also

4. If you scout well those picks could be golden

5. You choose new players to scout every 4 weeks (monthly)

6. You don't need to play them
Old 10-16-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks.

I will start with Playmakers, he has done good things with NCAA.

As for scouting, any good strategies for this? I imported the class from NCAA.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #4
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Thanks.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...=scouting+tips

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...=scouting+tips
Old 10-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Thanks.

If you import from NCAA, 70% of rookies will have glitched shoulder pads and look like transformers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I wouldn't import from NCAA. I know that kills realism for some, but it's truly awful in this year's version until patched. The Madden generated classes aren't bad, and it makes scouting fun when you have no idea what these guys will become in the NFL.

For sliders, I'd make your own (what I did). Takes a little more time, but I've found a great difficulty level for me, with some of the greatest HUM-CPU games I've ever played. Just cap difficulty level in your sliders to match overall difficulty (i.e. Pass Offense total no greater than 75 for all-madden, 150 for All-Pro, etc...), and then adjust as needed to keep crazy statistical anomalies from taking over. It took me 5-10 games and I think I've gotten them to a fair level.

What you can take from someone else's sliders are auto subs, penalties, and maybe quarter length, threshold, etc...although I think threshold is also something that is completely personal preference. I play on 0, but many jack it way up and enjoy it just as much.

Another trick with making your own sliders that makes it more enjoyable is finding a way to match the HUM-CPU difficulties (i.e. all sliders match perfectly), so it doesn't feel like you or the CPU is getting an advantage. I like this because it keeps me from jacking around with the sliders too much, or taking an advantage on either end because of one game. I've kept it All-Madden, with matching sliders, and have had some really awesome games.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #7
Rookie

I started the frachise with the imported class, and I am several games in, so I assume I have to stay with it at this point. I may not import from now on.

Can you post your sliders? I would be interested to see what they look like?

I used Playmakers and they are pretty good, but from the feel of it, I want to tweak it a little more. I definitely have some more playing around to do with it to get the right feel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »