Home

It makes more sense to go for it on 4th down in Madden than in RL

This is a discussion on It makes more sense to go for it on 4th down in Madden than in RL within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2011, 10:32 PM   #25
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: It makes more sense to go for it on 4th down in Madden than in RL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
The OP's point, as I understand it, is a good one. Madden lacks any mode or setting that adequately represents NFL risk/reward so expecting your competition to simulate NFL decisions, is unreasonable. Please note I stated "expecting".

The honor system is obviously a poor regulator of NFL football, that's why they have refs, a rules committee and disciplinary actions. When Vick recently complained about not getting roughing calls, he didn't expect his competitors to change how they play, he wanted the refs/league officials to change how they were regulating the competitors play.

We shouldn't direct our frustration towards our opponents over unrealistic NFL tactics being successful in Madden or constantly blame ourselves either. Instead we should all voice our frustrations to the Madden regulators working at EA, to give us a mode/setting where NFL risk/reward regulates Madden success without directly limiting gamer actions.
I agree with this. Didn't really make the thread to bash Madden just to discuss the whole sim vs cheese thing and how I think it doesn't actually make sense a lot of the time.

I think all the arbitrary rules about when you can go, where and why are overdone and unnecessary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
I agree with this. Didn't really make the thread to bash Madden just to discuss the whole sim vs cheese thing and how I think it doesn't actually make sense a lot of the time.

I think all the arbitrary rules about when you can go, where and why are overdone and unnecessary.
I go for it if I think BS happened. If the AI in madden was fixed where crap didn't happen, then I'd play more sim. Ex if I call a draw on 3rd and 3, and the defense is in quarters - so i basically have 5 to block 3 at the LOS and I get hit for a 3 yard loss...NO HUDDLE! cuz I'm pissed.

I just mean offline too, I don't do it online because I don't want to ruin another player's experience.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 8

Feel free to go for it on 4th down in Madden... If you lose you won't get fired.

The reason they don't go for it more in the NFL is the mortgage, car payments, and kids need braces.

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »