Home

D-Line help

This is a discussion on D-Line help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
D-Line help

I am trying to control the defensive tackle, and trying to get a solid rush on the QB but everytime I hold down on the R-stick, he simply falls down, each and every time. All I can do is hit A and hope that the CPU lets me break thru which doesnt happen much if at all. How do you use the R-stick to penetrate the line? It is really frustrating watching the guy just softly tumble to the ground each play

Thanks

NBA 2K11- Cleavland Cavs 3-0

CHARLOTTE BOBCATS FAN FOR LIFE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: D-Line help

I always just use left and right. I never have any luck with pushing up or down. Maybe you should go into practice mode and try to use up or down at different times or situations... but when I use it, it has never worked.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:58 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I wouldn't think that many safetys would a significant PMV, which is what down Rstick is right? Maybe keep it to just FMV (left or right with Rstick) when you rush with DBs? Either that, or just fire them through the line with good timing. That's what I do with my FS and I never have any trouble getting pressure on the QB.

BTW, I play as the Browns, so it's not like I'm using a world beater FS either. A lot of football is timing and execution. That's represented "decently" in this game, IMO.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #4
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

I've had better success when using the PMV (right thumbstick down) after I've been engaged by an offensive lineman.

If you use the move too soon it's like using the hitstick and your player will get pushed down to the ground.

Try waiting until you're engaged.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:26 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks a lot guys, the solution is to wait until you are engaged. Thanks a lot for all of the input and that suggestion. OS is great for quick questions!

NBA 2K11- Cleavland Cavs 3-0

CHARLOTTE BOBCATS FAN FOR LIFE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 03:33 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I use Jay Ratliff 92 ovr. Once the ball is hiked I hit the right stick down a couple times then to the right side, once im past the O lineman, Im pressing A for defensive assist and your QB has J Rat coming right at him

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »