Home

What dont you see on the field/players?

This is a discussion on What dont you see on the field/players? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2011, 11:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What dont you see on the field/players?

Ea advertises that everything you see on Sunday in a NFL game will be in Madden NFL12. "True to the Game" is how they put it. I have noticed a few things that could/should be added, so their statment can be true. Here are a couple that I have found for the team that I use the Green Bay Packers.

1) The Greenbay packers do not wear captains patches on their uniforms, except in the playoffs. Madden NFL12 doesnt have "C" patches for packers playoffs

2) when a team wears a alternet jersey (ie packers throw backs are blue) in cold weather games, if the player default is wear TC sleeves, then the sleeves are the defult team colour not alternet colors. again with the packers blue jerseys and green sleeves look pretty stupid.

these are just 2 things that I have found with the Green Bay Packers. Please feel free to add things that are missed for your fav team.

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? -Vince Lombardi
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 03:17 AM   #2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shock16
Ea advertises that everything you see on Sunday in a NFL game will be in Madden NFL12. "True to the Game" is how they put it. I have noticed a few things that could/should be added, so their statment can be true. Here are a couple that I have found for the team that I use the Green Bay Packers.

1) The Greenbay packers do not wear captains patches on their uniforms, except in the playoffs. Madden NFL12 doesnt have "C" patches for packers playoffs

2) when a team wears a alternet jersey (ie packers throw backs are blue) in cold weather games, if the player default is wear TC sleeves, then the sleeves are the defult team colour not alternet colors. again with the packers blue jerseys and green sleeves look pretty stupid.

these are just 2 things that I have found with the Green Bay Packers. Please feel free to add things that are missed for your fav team.
Qb sleeves (most qbs), 1/4 sleeves (Ryan Fitzpatrick), ankle braces (many) forearm bands (Aaron Rodgers, Stevie Johnson) single arm sleeve (Patrick Willis, Nate Washington), 3/4 sleeve (Brandon Lloyd), mouthpiece (Reggie Bush, many), Turf tape (Darren McFadden), sock length for certain uniforms (Bills, Redskins, Broncos, etc.), player specific color on cleats (not just team options), QB arm band that isn't huge (everybody), thin and normal black wrist tape (many players), shoulder brace (Felix Jones, Jairus Byrd), Tattoos (Many), Pad width adjustments (needed for UDFA, created players, many), white nose strip (Devin Hester), Pant Length Adjustment (Above Knee - Charles Woodson, Champ Bailey, etc)
Old 10-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: What dont you see on the field/players?

things that are missing for the Bucs.

1) the "AYEE Tampa " crowd chant. EA has it on 3 downs for TB's defense( and it sounds good actually) but it should happen after TB scores during the ensuing kickoff

2) Creamsickle throwback away(white jersey orange pants). this isn't necessarily missing bcuz TB only wear throwbacks at home but if you gonna have the black Jerseys that Tampa never worn during the history of sport then you mighty as well have their away throw back that was actually worn in the past.

3)during hot games TB wears all white. sure I can set this up myself but what about when opponents face Tampa on their franchise. and if weather is set to ramdom how would I now when its hot to in order to choose white before the game starts

Quote:
Like many other NFL teams located in subtropical climates, the Buccaneers traditionally wear their white road jerseys at home during the first half of the season — forcing opponents to suffer in their darker colors during the hot summers and autumns in Tampa. Additionally, the visitors' bench of Raymond James Stadium is located on the east side of the stadium, which is in direct sunlight for 1 p.m. eastern games. The west sideline is in the shade. In the 1980s and in 1996, the last year of the original uniforms, the Bucs generally wore white at home for the entire season including preseason. Since the new uniforms were adopted, the Bucs wear the red jerseys for the final four home games, and for nearly all night home games. In the preseason, the Bucs typically wear white for one of their two home games. The Bucs have worn their red jerseys for all home postseason games except for a January 6, 2008 playoff match against the New York Giants, where the Bucs wore white, as the temperature that day was unseasonably high.
-Wiki
Old 10-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shock16

How did you get yours to default to the team color? mine always defaults to white for the titans (should be navy blue of course) as well as other teams, most notably a game against the steelers where they all had white instead of black.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:44 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

The Panther at Bank of America Stadium isn't loud enough after 1st downs. At the stadium, it's LOUD AS CRAP!

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
Rookie

I just wanna know wtf happened to the groups of 3-4 3D fans back in madden 07? And how after players scored they wud interact with those fans...and The create a fan system...I freakin loved that
Old 03-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #7
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

the teams known fans like big dawg for browns, fireman ed for jets and all others teams ones as well but i know we'll never see if because EA came out and said they would have pay them. also tats but again know we'll never see it because the nfl trying keep there image clean and they dont like tats on players... even though all other sports games has the tats in them. also wish they would annouce all the players names instead of hearing and the int was made by #23 or like the mess they did this yr with the names and players being called wrong names.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #8
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
The Panther at Bank of America Stadium isn't loud enough after 1st downs. At the stadium, it's LOUD AS CRAP!

Later
That's just because madden's entire audio system needs to be redone

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »