Home

Madden NFL 12 Title Update #2 Available Now For 360, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Title Update #2 Available Now For 360, Post Impressions Here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2011, 12:47 AM   #73
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 12 Title Update #2 Available Now For 360, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Do you lower CPU or User tackling or both? And to what number about?
I use the lowest possible tackle slider which is around 10 for the CPU and Human

Both sides can actually run even with Broken tackles at 0....it compliments the lower tackle slider and makes for some very good animations between ball carrier and tackler

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-19-2011, 12:47 AM   #74
Rookie

MrFatMark's Arena

OVR: 0

My biggest problem with madden is the game play, more importantly the defense. Here is what they fixed:

Gameplay
  • (Cover 4) - Safeties with Inside Deep ¼ zone drop back instead of read-n-react on Run plays.
  • If the CPU tries to run down the play clock (late in halves) and runs an auto-motion play, they will not start the play early enough or hike the ball before the play clock expires as the player is still in motion.
  • Tuned down the frequency to block field goals by users running off the edge.
  • When a two-point conversion is booth reviewed and ruled no good, the game clock will run while selecting a play on kickoff.
  • Fixed issue when teams ran a QB Sneak the QB would get a speed burst.
  • Fixed issue when a user aims the L-Stick in any direction and pump fakes (using RB/R1 defenders in a QA Spy assignment) that will immediately blitz the QB, leaving defensive assignments.
  • Fixed issue where live balls on muffed punts that are recovered in the end zone were resulting in a touchback rather than a safety.
Now, my impressions on the Patch:
  • ARE YOU KIDDING ME!
  • They did not fix the linebackers and there "Superman" jumping ability
  • On certain plays you lineup on D, it says you are holding RB, play starts you are supposed to be holding TE...AKA TE is wide open!
  • Did not fix that fact if your opponent is running the same play every time, your Defensive players are too freaking stupid to realize what routes the WR's are running. (I can only guard one of them)
  • They "Tuned Downed" the big hits...Now RB's fall forward most of the time, which makes it WAY to easy to run the ball.
  • Linebackers and DL can still catch a WR in full pursuit running down sideline.
  • Playaction is still broken. Playaction pass = sack
  • Defenders still have Eye's in the back of there head. You Throw the ball when there back is to you, and they react on the ball.
Basically this is still an ARCADE game. When you are playing this game, you do not feel like you are playing an interpretation of the NFL. Defenders don't act and react the same as NFL, you have to use different logic than in the NFL on offense. There is still no AI in the game. The players do what they are programmed to do in each specific play, they do not react to what is going on in front of them. It's way to easy to run the ball, there are still WAY TO MANY "MONEY" plays, way to many CB's getting burned by 5 to 10 yards on the same plays every season, and way to many points being scored.

They did make the graphics more "Shiny" though! WOO HOO!!! THAT IS WHAT EVERYONE WANTED, BETTER GRAPHICS! Be for real! No matter how much you shine up a turd, it is still a turd. Madden = Turd!

Untill they stop worrying about the graphics, and fix the gameplay, this game will be collecting dust on my shelf. Another $60 down the drain.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:25 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 0

If you use the lowest tackle sliders,your leader tackle end the game with
1 solo tackle and 10 or more assisted tackles.realism or joke?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 03:33 AM   #76
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFatMark
My biggest problem with madden is the game play, more importantly the defense. Here is what they fixed:

Gameplay
  • (Cover 4) - Safeties with Inside Deep ¼ zone drop back instead of read-n-react on Run plays.
  • If the CPU tries to run down the play clock (late in halves) and runs an auto-motion play, they will not start the play early enough or hike the ball before the play clock expires as the player is still in motion.
  • Tuned down the frequency to block field goals by users running off the edge.
  • When a two-point conversion is booth reviewed and ruled no good, the game clock will run while selecting a play on kickoff.
  • Fixed issue when teams ran a QB Sneak the QB would get a speed burst.
  • Fixed issue when a user aims the L-Stick in any direction and pump fakes (using RB/R1 defenders in a QA Spy assignment) that will immediately blitz the QB, leaving defensive assignments.
  • Fixed issue where live balls on muffed punts that are recovered in the end zone were resulting in a touchback rather than a safety.
Now, my impressions on the Patch:
  • ARE YOU KIDDING ME!
  • They did not fix the linebackers and there "Superman" jumping ability
  • On certain plays you lineup on D, it says you are holding RB, play starts you are supposed to be holding TE...AKA TE is wide open!
  • Did not fix that fact if your opponent is running the same play every time, your Defensive players are too freaking stupid to realize what routes the WR's are running. (I can only guard one of them)
  • They "Tuned Downed" the big hits...Now RB's fall forward most of the time, which makes it WAY to easy to run the ball.
  • Linebackers and DL can still catch a WR in full pursuit running down sideline.
  • Playaction is still broken. Playaction pass = sack
  • Defenders still have Eye's in the back of there head. You Throw the ball when there back is to you, and they react on the ball.
Basically this is still an ARCADE game. When you are playing this game, you do not feel like you are playing an interpretation of the NFL. Defenders don't act and react the same as NFL, you have to use different logic than in the NFL on offense. There is still no AI in the game. The players do what they are programmed to do in each specific play, they do not react to what is going on in front of them. It's way to easy to run the ball, there are still WAY TO MANY "MONEY" plays, way to many CB's getting burned by 5 to 10 yards on the same plays every season, and way to many points being scored.

They did make the graphics more "Shiny" though! WOO HOO!!! THAT IS WHAT EVERYONE WANTED, BETTER GRAPHICS! Be for real! No matter how much you shine up a turd, it is still a turd. Madden = Turd!

Untill they stop worrying about the graphics, and fix the gameplay, this game will be collecting dust on my shelf. Another $60 down the drain.
maybe check out the tomba patch then
Old 10-19-2011, 07:45 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1

Weather in Jax offline franchise is still the same. Heavy rain v jets week 2 then rain from wk 4 - 7. wk 8 undercover at Houston! I will say this though only the jet game is heavy rain. The rest are very light, only spittIng really. I still dont see why they can't just let us choose weather like they use to. Hopefully in M13
Old 10-19-2011, 08:40 AM   #78
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
The lag online is still an issue. Arggghhhhh

Sent from my Awesome Phone
Old 10-19-2011, 09:21 AM   #79
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

I downloaded the patch and continued my Bears franchise. It looks like patch takes affect in franchises already in progress since I noticed one of my players getting a half sack.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:39 AM   #80
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
I downloaded the patch and continued my Bears franchise. It looks like patch takes affect in franchises already in progress since I noticed one of my players getting a half sack.
I dont believe it takes affect in terms of weather and player roles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »