Home

Is there any information on what will be adjusted via TUNERS as opposed to patches?

This is a discussion on Is there any information on what will be adjusted via TUNERS as opposed to patches? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Is there any information on what will be adjusted via TUNERS as opposed to patche

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
You're exactly right, and that's what I have had to do. Although, It's not COMPLETELY broken. There are times where JPP, Tuck or Osi do beat the tackle and get in there. It's much tougher without blitzing to free them up, but it does happen, just not nearly enough. I wouldn't care about that as much if the DTs didn't get the "instant" pressure. A great year for a DT is 8-10 sacks. In this game, you see them getting 4 a game.
What game setting are you playing on? I am playing allpro no slider and my dts get 4 or 5 sacks per year but my ends get between 12-15. I have not had any issues with dt getting anything unrealistic as far as instant pressure from the CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Is there any information on what will be adjusted via TUNERS as opposed to patche

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
What game setting are you playing on? I am playing allpro no slider and my dts get 4 or 5 sacks per year but my ends get between 12-15. I have not had any issues with dt getting anything unrealistic as far as instant pressure from the CPU.
I played All Pro, no Sliders. In my Dolphins Franchise, I got sacked from DT's up to 5 times a game. I felt their breath when dropping back.
I also had a bunch of Sacks with my DT and DEs (the Phins DEs are Power-Rushers as well), but no pressure with my OLBs.
I am using an extrem Slider-Set to tone this down, but it just doesn't feel perfect.

In my opinion EA has to change this ASAP and a tuner should do the trick.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:17 PM   #27
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7

Can a tuner give us the option to control the accerlerated clock in franchise mode so we can change it to what ever we want rather than the defualt 20 secs it is at now.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

I think pass block ai has taken a major hit. At least running backs don't hide behind the qb as much, but they are still clueless sometimes as to who they should block. Assignment switching was (and is) a PITA when it comes to the running game, but I never noticed until Madden 12 how it destroys pass protection.

I've seen several times where defenders come unblocked because of AI logic which I can only assume is: (1) only one blocker per defender and (2) block closest defender. The last one is highly suspect, in the sense that it doesn't always work. At any rate what happened was at first both the back and guard were assigned the same defender, then they both switched to another defender and by the time one of them switched back to the original defender my qb got sacked.

I would like to at least get some acknowledgement that EA/Tiburon is aware of the problem. I'm not asking it to be fixed this minute, I just want to know if it's considered a known issue (it's not that hard to spot IMO).
Old 10-19-2011, 06:34 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Tyler_Durden_I
I played All Pro, no Sliders. In my Dolphins Franchise, I got sacked from DT's up to 5 times a game. I felt their breath when dropping back.
I also had a bunch of Sacks with my DT and DEs (the Phins DEs are Power-Rushers as well), but no pressure with my OLBs.
I am using an extrem Slider-Set to tone this down, but it just doesn't feel perfect.

In my opinion EA has to change this ASAP and a tuner should do the trick.
Casey, you are literally the only person I have heard of NOT having this issue. Power Moves players simply brush aside offensive lineman. Finesse move players do nothing. You have to blitz to get pressure with the ends. Also, remember, sacks and pressure are not the same thing. In our league, 4 of the 5 sack leaders are defensive tackles, and none of them are user controlled. Through 12 weeks Kevin Williams and Suh each have 15 sacks. It's ridiculous and it is absolutely a problem with the game. The same issue existed on NCAA as Trojan Man pointed out.

This is exactly the issue I have with Tiburon. To not even be able to recognize this as being unrealistic or a problem is what drives us crazy.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #30
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Can things like this be corrected with tuner sets?

Both are the same play from different angles but Orakpo avoids the QB to engage the blocking RB. Also, it's hard to see in the videos but CB Josh Wilson is shading inside of WR Ted Ginn Jr but still allows the WR to slant inside without any resistance.

I wonder can they tune player AI logic and execution to match CPU controlled player's AWR. Both Wilson and Orakpo have high AWR and should make better decisions and proper execution most times. This is an example of what I often mention about User strategy being counteracted by erratic CPU AI.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:21 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Casey, you are literally the only person I have heard of NOT having this issue. Power Moves players simply brush aside offensive lineman. Finesse move players do nothing. You have to blitz to get pressure with the ends. Also, remember, sacks and pressure are not the same thing. In our league, 4 of the 5 sack leaders are defensive tackles, and none of them are user controlled. Through 12 weeks Kevin Williams and Suh each have 15 sacks. It's ridiculous and it is absolutely a problem with the game. The same issue existed on NCAA as Trojan Man pointed out.

This is exactly the issue I have with Tiburon. To not even be able to recognize this as being unrealistic or a problem is what drives us crazy.
4 leagues all of them have DE and OLB leading the league in sacks. I can screen shot for you if you want?!? Actually I will do one better and see if Derek can pull the sack totals for the top 20 players thus far through all online franchise games syncd. I'm not tryig to be a smart alec in any way shape or form but all I can really tell you is that Im not seeing it. The numbers he pulls should give a good example as there should be around 2 million games syncd (rough estimate).

Last edited by CRMosier_LM; 10-19-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 10:34 PM   #32
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
are there some gameplay issues I want to see done a bit differently? Yes, but those will wait for another year. I am highly against adjusting one thing that will have an affect on something else. Kick return blocking for example, if you adjust that to allow for bigger returns, you affect the blocking everywhere throughout the game. So I say leave it be for the year and focus on next year and improving it for the next game. If it isn't broke don't "fix it" and risk other ramifications.
These things are not mutually exclusive. There are issues with this game that will have to wait until another year to be fixed because they can't be fully addressed through patches or tuners. But that doesn't mean they can't be improved using one of the two.

The OL/DL interaction in this game is fundamentally flawed, expecting a full solution to this is through a tuner is dumb. BUT it is perfectly reasonable to want EA to tune something like the effectiveness of finesse moves vs power.

Just leaving it till next year when they have the means to potentially improve it now? Nah.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »