Home

Is there any information on what will be adjusted via TUNERS as opposed to patches?

This is a discussion on Is there any information on what will be adjusted via TUNERS as opposed to patches? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #49
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Is there any information on what will be adjusted via TUNERS as opposed to patche

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
And how many of those blitzes had lb/s showing blitz to force an lineman to commit to hit and there for allow 1 on 1 matchup across the line or a mismatch? And you are right, teams with a stellar secondary are able to get away with blitzing less due to extraordinary coverage in the secondary causing coverage sacks... Just as I said above. But that is neither here nor there, its basically subjective.

The issue is someone stating that dts get way more sacks/pressure in every game/league and it needs immediate fixing. When the numbers show different that is just not the case. It comes down to the users ability and knowledge and that correlates to what result is produced in the game. In the games I play, if I had to pick one side of the issue (most of my opponents would agree thus far), my ends are way overpowering as they get about 4 sacks per game and hit the qb while throwing another 4 times atleast. My dts average a sack every 2 or 3 games. And no I'm not using some beast of a team. I am the Browns as always and my ends are Jabaal Sheard and Everett Brown (free agent signing), my lbs are Wimbley (VIA trade) and Gocong. And these are user vs user games.

I cannot upload the screen shots from my phone but I will when I am at my laptop tomorrow.
If you can honestly try and tell us that DTs getting too much pressure and DEs getting almost 0 pressure is not a problem in this game, then I can honestly tell you that you have never played the game.

Simple as that. Pressure does not mean sacks, it means pressure. I don't care if you can pull out stats that show DEs/OLBs getting sacks, because that doesn't account for the 99% of plays that they get completely shut down. The elite DEs/OLBs get consistent pressure on the QB all game long, and when they don't, it's because they are being double-teamed all game.

But in Madden, you almost never get double-teamed, and elite DEs and OLBs get absolutely 0 pressure. And then, there is the random one play a game where the O line completely forgets to block that DE/OLB, and you get a sack. Does that 1 sack automatically erase the fact that there is still a HUGE problem in the way DEs/OLBs get pressure? No. But hey, if you find that enjoyable, more power to ya...
Old 10-20-2011, 11:00 PM   #50
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Is there any information on what will be adjusted via TUNERS as opposed to patche

Quote:
These types of posts are honestly what I love to see! Too many people fail to acheivements something on this game (or any game) and are always quick to blame the game and never take any responsibility for their own part in the situation. So thank you very much, it is awesome to see someone who is trying to improve an area they are lacking!

However... Im not speaking of a 4 man rush. You cannot realistically send 4 men vs the offenses 5 or 6 blockers and expect to get pressure. It doesn't happen often in Madden or the NFL minus a screw up in blocking assignments. Any football coach will tell you that. Yes if the QB sits back there long enough eventually one of your guys will get there and get the coverage sack but realistically it won't happen often. Expecting to get consistent pressure from a 4 man rush even with Peppers at end is nonsensical. Most passing plays in the NFL have 6 blockers even if one of them is a back or te left in to chip the end before going into their routes. Me ends and outside linebackers get mega pressure because I force them into a two man game in concert with each other.
Is this serious?

2010 Lions rushed 4 or less over 80% of the time which I believe lead the league. They were 6th in NFL in sacks. Granted Suh lead their team.

Indy rushed 4 2nd most and had Mathis/Freeney combine for 21 sacks. One of the best tandems in the league. 2009 both were top 10 in QB hurries in the same defense.

You ever play Madden on All-Madden with the Colts?

Last edited by poopoop; 10-20-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:11 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
And how many of those blitzes had lb/s showing blitz to force an lineman to commit to hit and there for allow 1 on 1 matchup across the line or a mismatch? And you are right, teams with a stellar secondary are able to get away with blitzing less due to extraordinary coverage in the secondary causing coverage sacks... Just as I said above. But that is neither here nor there, its basically subjective.

The issue is someone stating that dts get way more sacks/pressure in every game/league and it needs immediate fixing. When the numbers show different that is just not the case. It comes down to the users ability and knowledge and that correlates to what result is produced in the game. In the games I play, if I had to pick one side of the issue (most of my opponents would agree thus far), my ends are way overpowering as they get about 4 sacks per game and hit the qb while throwing another 4 times atleast. My dts average a sack every 2 or 3 games. And no I'm not using some beast of a team. I am the Browns as always and my ends are Jabaal Sheard and Everett Brown (free agent signing), my lbs are Wimbley (VIA trade) and Gocong. And these are user vs user games.

I cannot upload the screen shots from my phone but I will when I am at my laptop tomorrow.
Can you show us the numbers then?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 08:27 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Can you show us the numbers then?
Even if these numbers won't tell the entire story anyway, it would be nice to see them and not only to talk about them as a given fact
>
But to add some more oil to the fire:>>
DT’s and Power-DE’s are dominating the Pass-Rush. As mentioned numerous times before, it’s not all about getting sacks, it’s about how pressure develops. When you can get pressure (or feel it) thru the middle, a split second after the snap (just as long as it takes to hit the Lineman once and throw him away like a dirt bag) you will never be able to something, like buying time by rolling out or stepping up. The only thing you can do is hit a button to get rid of the ball and get picked if everything is going wrong. Pressure from the DT’s may happen sometimes, but in Madden 12 it is the only way pressure develops. One part of the game I liked more in 11, 10, 09,…>>
Oh and yes, this problem also appeared in NCAA 12 and was fixed.

BTW: Can't wait for a tuner... NHL had one today....

Last edited by I_Tyler_Durden_I; 10-21-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
But in Madden, you almost never get double-teamed, and elite DEs and OLBs get absolutely 0 pressure. And then, there is the random one play a game where the O line completely forgets to block that DE/OLB, and you get a sack. Does that 1 sack automatically erase the fact that there is still a HUGE problem in the way DEs/OLBs get pressure? No. But hey, if you find that enjoyable, more power to ya...
Yeah, and it's driving me up a wall when I use the Ravens. I've tried all kinds of blitz packages, multiple 3-4 sets, 4-3 sets, Psycho, 3-3-5, 2-4-5, 1-5-5, 4-6, all trying to get Suggs to be the maniac he is in real life.

Even tried moving Suggs around - put him on the strong side, the weak side, strong DE, weak DE, wide edge rush with him coming off the edge, 4-3 pinch rush with him off the edge - doesn't matter. Shifting LBs strong/weak and blitzing him, blitzing 2 LBs to form an overload - nothing.

It doesn't help that shifting just changes angle, can't change gaps.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:50 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0

If you turn down Pass Blocking you will usually see less suction blocks and more successful blitzes. Turn down Pass Rushing if you are blowing by them too fast then.

I have 10 sacks in 8 games with Demarcus Ware (admittedly, he is a 99 and the star of my defense). That is a few too many to be realistic, but I enjoy his production and he feels like a freak. When the QB has to keep the HB in to block, you know your LBs are getting pressure =D
Old 10-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
Is this serious?

2010 Lions rushed 4 or less over 80% of the time which I believe lead the league. They were 6th in NFL in sacks. Granted Suh lead their team.

Indy rushed 4 2nd most and had Mathis/Freeney combine for 21 sacks. One of the best tandems in the league. 2009 both were top 10 in QB hurries in the same defense.

You ever play Madden on All-Madden with the Colts?
LOL - why bother bringing in real football knowledge? (sarcasm off). I find it funny how he said it depends on how knowledgeable the player is when it comes to getting pressure. Teams with elite front 4s in a 4-3 scheme are designed to get pressure WITHOUT blitzing. That's the whole point! Yes, you can get pressure when you blitz. Yes, I would agree pressure should be less of a factor with sub par players in this scheme. However, when you have 3 of the premier pass rushers on your line, those elite ends should be more of a factor than they are. I don't want sacks every play. I also don't think much tweaking needs to be done, but the animations in the middle where DTs are able to shrug off the guards/centers with power moves and the ends are not able to generate any pressure absolutely needs to be fixed. NFL teams in the 4-3 do not relentlessly blitz when they have elite players up front, that negates the purpose of having those players and playing in the scheme.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Tyler_Durden_I
Even if these numbers won't tell the entire story anyway, it would be nice to see them and not only to talk about them as a given fact
>
But to add some more oil to the fire:>
DT’s and Power-DE’s are dominating the Pass-Rush. As mentioned numerous times before, it’s not all about getting sacks, it’s about how pressure develops. When you can get pressure (or feel it) thru the middle, a split second after the snap (just as long as it takes to hit the Lineman once and throw him away like a dirt bag) you will never be able to something, like buying time by rolling out or stepping up. The only thing you can do is hit a button to get rid of the ball and get picked if everything is going wrong. Pressure from the DT’s may happen sometimes, but in Madden 12 it is the only way pressure develops. One part of the game I liked more in 11, 10, 09,…>
Oh and yes, this problem also appeared in NCAA 12 and was fixed.

BTW: Can't wait for a tuner... NHL had one today....
This post is spot on. This same problem WAS in fact fixed with a tuner in NCAA 12 and guys have said it made the game 100 times better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »