Home

Which do you think is better? Madden 11 or Madden 12?

This is a discussion on Which do you think is better? Madden 11 or Madden 12? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which do you think is better? Madden 11 or Madden 12?
Madden 11 21 17.50%
Madden 12 99 82.50%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2011, 04:10 PM   #9
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Which do you think is better? Madden 11 or Madden 12?

12 is better imo, but there isn't that much difference. At it's core, it's the same Madden game I have played for a decade. After a couple weeks, it felt old and tired out. I haven't played it in a over a week and the last time I popped it in the console, I turned it off before I got to halftime.

It's like watching a remastered version of Star Wars. The small touches they add doesn't make it a new movie. It's still the same one I've seen 500 times already.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:19 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

I am going with MD 11 , I used to play the franchise more often then MD12. Some of the reasons everyone's having UDFA , But my main issue is the Presentation. Awful I mean Greg Olsen is not a QB who passes the ball. When i throw a td with Cam to Greg , Cam just gets ignored. Last years did not have any issues but that after about 15 minutes everything was repetitive. In this years MD12 I just don't want to hear all the wrong commentary. Now i am starting to not like Gus or Kris I mean do they even know their rep is being hurt due to poor QA from the Developer in a game where their are the featured audio.. I bet 2k would have never lanched a game without properly reconzaing a NFLPA player whos signed for under contract. Its not in the game on the audio.... I do admit the game play is better , but how long did we go without the green dot or the pillons. So its sucks that MD13 is only going to improve on commentary. I wish they would have never take out the Newspaper or Tony radio show... during bye weeks or after the game or in preseason there was position battles do we have any on MD12. I mean EA just got me for the many copies i go get once Football season rolls around, Maybe next years i wont and actually fully wait to get the game after all the bugs get fixed or not get the game at all.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:34 PM   #11
Rookie

We can edit salary cap, team locations, player ratings, force trades and ther un-worldly things...

Can we force trades? I Haven't found it and trading with the cpu never works. I even tried a trade where I gave up two 93+ rated players for a backup Rb and they denied it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 11

Madden '12. And it's not even close.

I have many complaints about Madden '12, and many of them are the same things I've had problems with for years.

But Madden '11 was absolute garbage. Worst AI I have ever seen in a football game. Some of the worst mechanics I have ever seen. Madden '11 was absolute trash as far as I'm concerned.

Madden '12 is very frustrating, but it's not nearly the trainwreck that Madden '11 was.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #13
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Madden 12 blows away 11.

Simply put it is more fun, deeper and finally the defense is tough. I am really having to work (All-Madden) hard to win and for the first time I feel like it is not cheap (again I always found All-Madden cheap).

Franchise is so much better now. Yeah the UFDA thing is annoying but not nearly the game breaker as many seem to think here. Everything else though is so much fun. I actually love playing pre-season games now to unlock ratings and do my own position battles. I really dig the new scouting, I love the free agent bidding and the real deal maker:

DPP and player roles. DPP has made this game fresh in franchise. I really love it. No one game is ever the same.

Now get the real NFL broadcast quality presentation going with either NFL Network or ESPN authentic broadcasts, a really great play by play/color engine and execution, a real halftime update, a weekly around the league show with stat's, real highlights, player of the week awards, trade rumors, cut rumors the works.

Immerse me EA.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 10-18-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Madden 12 blows away 11.

Simply put it is more fun, deeper and finally the defense is tough. I am really having to work (All-Madden) hard to win and for the first time I feel like it is not cheap (again I always found All-Madden cheap).

Franchise is so much better now. Yeah the UFDA thing is annoying but not nearly the game breaker as many seem to think here. Everything else though is so much fun. I actually love playing pre-season games now to unlock ratings and do my own position battles. I really dig the new scouting, I love the free agent bidding and the real deal maker:

DPP and player roles. DPP has made this game fresh in franchise. I really love it. No one game is ever the same.

Now get the real NFL broadcast quality presentation going with either NFL Network or ESPN authentic broadcasts, a really great play by play/color engine and execution, a real halftime update, a weekly around the league show with stat's, real highlights, player of the week awards, trade rumors, cut rumors the works.

Immerse me EA.
The only thing I'd disagree with is that All-Madden isn't cheap. I find it to be incredibly cheap. I just played a franchise game, where I watched my defenders run away from ball carries, CPU QB's scrambling, lowering their shoulder, and trucking over guys like Patrick Willis, and loads of other types of "cheap" stuff.

But everything else I'd agree on. Despite the "cheap" stuff that happens, it's not to the extreme that it was in Madden '11. The franchise mode features are there and in place. Those can be tweaked later. I also agree that the UDFA deal is nothing more than "annoying". It's not game breaking. I agree with you that the cut days and personal position battles are interesting. I just kept a 37OVR, F potential UDFA kicker over David Akers because of salary cap reasons. I like watching my UDFA battle it out with low round draft picks to see who's gonna make the team and who's not. Most of the time, I just cut ties with the UDFA, but sometimes they do beat out my draft picks.

The only thing I'd give the edge to Madden '11 in regards to franchise mode is The Point After. I liked it. I know it was identical and untouched from Madden '10 to Madden '11, but I really liked that feature, and I don't understand why it was taken out. I really enjoyed finishing a game, and watching The Point After, keeping track of the league, seeing what's going on - especially in my division when I'm fighting for a division title, or a wild card spot.

DDP is very good in concept. I feel it's a little bit hit or miss in execution. Though I'd probably say more hit than miss.

I do agree they need to fix the commentary and presentation. I don't know what the hell happened this year. It's absolutely horrible. Maybe worst commentary I've ever heard in a game. But I've always felt presentation was the bonus to the game, not a make or break. It's not a huge deal, it's just a "wtf???" for me.

I still have issues with the AI and gameplay, issues that will probably never be corrected. But I'm glad that Madden '12 isn't the absolute trainwreck that Madden '11 was. I'd call it more of a fender bender at the red light, as opposed to a full blown, coming off the rails and obliterating a school bus full of children.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:10 PM   #15
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

I had to go with Madden 12 the gameplay on the field just feels miles better than madden 11, plus I welcome the new additions added into madden 12's franchise mode although they are still rough around the edges but still a decent start although the whole FA bidding process is to easy and completely unrealistic. Madden 11 was stale and boring, it was a minor upgrade to me from madden 10, franchise mode was the same mode in madden 10, madden 09, and madden 08 it really didn't change one bit. One thing I do give madden 11 over madden 12 is commentary, at least in madden 11 commentary wasn't nearly as poorly implemented as in madden 12, even though they both are poor in this department.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 11:16 AM   #16
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Aaaaand the community overwhelmingly favors M12.... heh

I guess for me it comes down to afermentioned and extra frustrations we see in Off-Line Franchise mode this year.

I wont argue M12 on the field is better. I suppose thats why I find myself playing Exhibition modes, and on-line games with RL buddies more in M12.

But I still find myself going back to M11 with a Lions franchise I have going in its 14th year. I just LOVE not having to deal with 32 team control to get around the UDFA issue and poor cut logic.

That and shoudler pads dont look half the league is going to be in KISS concert.

In closing, I'll probably just keep playing my M11 Lions chise for the rest of the 16 seasons I have to go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »