Home

Which do you think is better? Madden 11 or Madden 12?

This is a discussion on Which do you think is better? Madden 11 or Madden 12? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which do you think is better? Madden 11 or Madden 12?
Madden 11 21 17.50%
Madden 12 99 82.50%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Which do you think is better? Madden 11 or Madden 12?

Madden 11 by a mile

I lasted at least a few seasons with Madden 11, Madden 12?

3 days before I shipped that back to gamefly

bottom line: EA doesn't deserve my money for the crap they've been putting out, raining everyday in franchise games, the whole cutting-day mess, the realization that they simply don't care about Franchise offline play anymore and that's all she wrote

EA takes your money and you hand it over willingly, I'm far too smart to support the garbage a company like that puts out

(yes I still have Madden 11, only 2 games have I ever bought from EA in more than a decade now, Madden 10 and 11)
Old 10-19-2011, 01:29 PM   #18
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I enjoy threads like these. I think I am going to skip Madden 12 all together this year. I think taking a year off as a Madden player can be good for you. I know I enjoyed Madden 11 a lot more than some simply because I couldn't stand playing Madden 10, despite all of it's improvements. I think by skipping Madden 12, I will be able to enjoy Madden 13 all the more... asuming they actually fix a number of their off-the-field problems.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:41 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 8

It is my sincere opinion that a person would have to be blind and thumbless to think 11 is better...

Later
Old 10-19-2011, 01:55 PM   #20
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

For me, Madden 12, then M10, then M11. M12 is a lot of fun this year, and feels much more 'NFL' than M11 did, particularly from presentation and gameplay aspects.

Yes, M12 has it's commentary issues which, while annoying, don't destroy the experience for me. But I am hoping for a commentary overhaul for next year to something more dynamic like NBA 2k has been doing.

I LOVE cut days, scouting, preseason stuff to sort out the talent and uncover some late round and UDFA gems. It's harder to sort out the busts this year, like it should be, so the offseason is much more interesting now. Even if there are UDFA issues, I think since there are workarounds it must be patch-addressable.

I love M12's graphics and presentation. More can still be done (pregame/halftime/postgame shows...even in-between quarter 'ads' for upcoming games like NBA 2k does), but they are definitely on the right track. On field graphics are amazing; I occasionally may forget I'm playing a game.

M12 isn't a landmark game, but EA might have it in the mail for M13 with some quality fixes here and there and beefed up presentation/commentary.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 10-19-2011, 01:57 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATTYBOOBATTY
Can we force trades? I Haven't found it and trading with the cpu never works. I even tried a trade where I gave up two 93+ rated players for a backup Rb and they denied it.
Yes you can. Temporarily edit the player ratings until they are close enough to make a trade.

I think Madden 12 is better, I like the run game a lot more.

That said, there is a lot of room for improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #22
Rookie

BlackJackRabbit's Arena

OVR: 5

Even though I only played Madden the first week it came out, before getting bored with it, I'll still concede that it's way better than Madden 11.

I can't even understand how people can say otherwise; Madden 12 addressed many of the demands that the community had, but Madden is still nowhere near where it needs to be.

Last edited by BlackJackRabbit; 10-19-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:38 AM   #23
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
I changed my mind, this is 100% because of injuries.

I just simmed a week in my franchise with sim injuries turned OFF. I looked at the box score of each game, and not a single backup QB threw on a single down.

I then turned sim injuries ON and did the same thing. This time 17 teams used their backup QB! 2 teams even used their 3rd string QB! Some of the backups threw more than the original starter.

I did it again once with injuries OFF once with them ON just to verify, and the same exact things happened!

Having injuries turned on for simmed games causes backup QB's to be used WAY to much.

None of these QB's were on the injury report, these were all minor mid-game injuries. It has nothing to do with "hot" or "cold" streaks. Once I turned injuries off everything went back to normal. With sim injuries off not a single backup QB played.

I even simmed 5 weeks ahead, and Tom Brady and Drew Brees had given up 40% of their playing time to their backup QB's!

Go ahead, sim some games. See for yourself.

.... I cant tell you how much this stuff upsets me, that they wouldn't notice this through all that testing and 2 patches. That they don't notice egregious errors in their sim stats. That they don't notice UDFA's having absurd body proportions, or spikey pads.

To make things worse, in 1 week of simming 22 players got injured for 4+ weeks 6 of which were 12+ months or on IR!

The injuries happening in simmed games is ridiculous!! And ruins QB stats!!

Uggg.... I just cant enjoy Madden 12 this year. Between this and the UDFA issue... I dunno... EA ruined Madden 12's franchise mode IMO.
I'm bringing this thread back up, because I wanted to touch upon this issue from another thread I posted in.

The issue is CPU teams constantly using their backup QB's in simmed games during franchise mode.

...Something else that is ruining franchise mode in Madden 12... Something else that wasnt a problem in Madden 11 untill they decided to "improve franchise mode" this year.

The sime stats that are generated this year are startlingly bad. And its all because of injuries.

Sim some games in your franchise, have a look at the box scores and stats. Have a look at how 2nd and even 3rd string QB's routinely replace starting QB's like Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and Matthew Stafford.

Injuries in simmed games need to be toned WAY down. But if they didnt fix it through 2 patches I doubt they will.

I still feel as though franchise mode is better in Madden 11.

I think on the field gameplay is better in M12. But franchise mode is way better in M11.

If you could somehow remove all of their "improvements" to franchise mode M12 would be awesome.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:33 AM   #24
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

I love M12, but there are some things I would love to see happen a deeper commentary, and better presentation in terms of half time highlights, pre-game story lines, playoff ramifications to name a few. But the biggest I would LOVE to see in madden would be dynamic weather. How many time have we watched games to see weather changing during the game. Ex. Rain to snow, sunny to overcast, or strong gusts developing. Make these have an IMPACT in the game like the NFL. They are on the right, but with these things implemented and few things fixed and nothing left out MADDEN could be the GREATEST of ALL TIME.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »