Home

When are we going to see real Superbowl emotion?

This is a discussion on When are we going to see real Superbowl emotion? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
TheSaints7

OVR:
When are we going to see real Superbowl emotion?

Please do not move this! It is purely an opinion and for general players of Madden to read!

Dear EA Tiburon

This what we have in Madden which they think represents a Superbowl. All Pregame, During the game and the After game.

Pregame :: We watch a few players step off the bus in which we see in most games. A 3 second glance in side the locker room and a Pregame chant by the QB in which we cant hear because Gus is going on about something. Most likely the line which he says every single game. "......... are the home team today and they will look to keep that advantage going into the one. Chris what do the away team have to do to have a chance in this one?"
The only thing that does impress me is the flyover and the giant American Flag but I thought Gus and Chris who rabble on about crap might have something to say about it.

During the game :: A few painted stencils on the pitch and some banners on the sideline. No emotion, not many new commentary lines for the biggest game in America. No different player celebrations even if it is late on with seconds left, just a quick cheer. If an interception occurs or the defending team recovers an interception this is what we here. "And the...Lions...recover the fumble..." Same as what you would here in a Preseason game. Still we do not have halftime shows. In NFL 2K5 they had them. Yes that is right...2005!

After the game :: I have seen a maximum of 5 people at once on the field after the victory and it always seems to be the offense. One person gets lifted up by the QB and that is it. The coach doesn't even get lifted up, just a spit of Gatorade. If you have ever watched the ending of a Superbowl game then you will see the field instantly swarmed with Press, Players of both sides and coaches. It wont take long to have random press, the players and coaches all on the field to make it feel like your victory has actually meant something. The speech that Gus makes is awful. A commentator in real life would be more enthusiastic instead of saying. "The beauty of sport is that there can only be one winner and unfortunately for them their opponent had written a different script."
They try and capture your imagination but fail. The Superbowl presentation and MVP presentation is rubbish. You should see them getting the trophy handed to them and see the expression once they receive it. Gus and Chris should talk about the MVP and how good he has been this year. Then we see the parade which is in the same place for each team and seems to last for around 5 seconds. Last of all we see President Obama holding the winners team shirt with their QB which it looks all pixelated and if the edges have not be cut out right. Even 10 years on he is still President.

Overview :: These are all things which could be added/tweaked. But it all comes down to laziness and lack of competition. The only reason EA bought the licenses was because they knew that 2K would overcome them...once again. It brings realism to the game and stops the main target of a NFL team feeling like a preseason opener. Hopefully 2K will win the Licenses as they take care in their games and they will make it feel like a true sports game.
"True to the game!" HA! Lets get real for a moment.

Sincerely TS7

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
The don't even mention the term AFC championship or NFC championship in those games.

I think we all know that the current commentary and presentation needs to be scrapped and start completely over.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
TheSaints7

OVR:
Re: When are we going to see real Superbowl emotion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSkins03
The don't even mention the term AFC championship or NFC championship in those games.

I think we all know that the current commentary and presentation needs to be scrapped and start completely over.
Exactly, Its terrible. They said they have concentrated on the presentation which all they seem to have added is Real Life camera angles which to be honest after a couple of games I forgot about them. I often switch back to the old version as we are actually kicking the ball ect and the kickers will have the view of what we saw in Madden 11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »