Home

What Happened To This...Dead or WIP???

This is a discussion on What Happened To This...Dead or WIP??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2011, 01:03 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: What Happened To This...Dead or WIP???

Lol, I'm starting to notice that some people wait for somebody to say something bad about Madden then just hop on. LOL, so sad.....
Old 10-19-2011, 01:22 PM   #10
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Because it should be in the game on every play, not just occasionally. What we still see way too often is this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4kNuTpegjc

Notice how the coverage on this play is actually behind the wr and out of position on every route. Then the game gives them a little cheat when the cut is made. Pretty hard if not impossible to read the coverage and find the open man when defenders are doing this crap.
By the way, a little NSFW would be nice.

Just a suggestion.

My take, have to wait and see what the new team brings to the table. There isn't much interaction anymore here. There was back then, though.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:59 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoonie05
Lol, I'm starting to notice that some people wait for somebody to say something bad about Madden then just hop on. LOL, so sad.....
Gotta realize where you are. Haters congregate here. Some guys don't really put much thought into their hate, disguise it poorly, and never seem to say anything helpful. That said, sometimes haters make a good point.

Good route mirroring vid...

I throw tons of timing routes and haven't seen this phenomenon in head-to-head games.

Does it happen much otherwise?

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #12
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

The only explanation for these not being in the game I can think of, is that the M10 team designed these animations in 1 on 1 settings. Once they put them on a field of 20 other figures, they didn't work for some reason, so they scrapped the plans.

Those look really great, and better than anything I've seen in the EA NCAA football series (I haven't played Madden since '09, so they may be there I guess), so I hope there is a legitimate reason these animations haven't been fully implemented yet.

Watch me play video games

Last edited by Jr.; 10-19-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:53 PM   #13
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
By the way, a little NSFW would be nice.

Just a suggestion.

My take, have to wait and see what the new team brings to the table. There isn't much interaction anymore here. There was back then, though.
Sorry, didn't really notice it to be honest. I'll edit my post.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #14
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Gotta realize where you are. Haters congregate here. Some guys don't really put much thought into their hate, disguise it poorly, and never seem to say anything helpful. That said, sometimes haters make a good point.

Good route mirroring vid...

I throw tons of timing routes and haven't seen this phenomenon in head-to-head games.

Does it happen much otherwise?

Later
Depends on the skill level, game mode and opponent. I mostly play head to head on all madden and have seen it a lot when playing against good defensive teams like the Eagles, Packers and Ravens. Not as noticeable vs teams like Lions or Vikings.

Vs cpu on all madden, it happens all the time to me.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #15
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
The only explanation for these not being in the game I can think of, is that the M10 team designed these animations in 1 on 1 settings. Once they put them on a field of 20 other figures, they didn't work for some reason, so they scrapped the plans.

Those look really great, and better than anything I've seen in the EA NCAA football series (I haven't played Madden since '09, so they may be there I guess), so I hope there is a legitimate reason these animations haven't been fully implemented yet.
For all we know they had those animations mo-capped for a hype video and were more of a "proof of concept," but in reality they weren't able to reach that level with their current animations or whatnot and dropped it in favor of adding 53 man gang tackling instead, which is obviously what Madden was truly lacking from EA's POV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #16
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Um... Why are we talking about things that have been in the game for two years already?

Just wondering.

Later
I've never seen technically sound animations of this caliber ever in madden...if they did put it in two yrs ago as you say plz show some video footage(M10 & M11)...also if it was in two yrs ago why take it out for M12(if you have video for M12 plz show it also)

Last edited by seriousluboy83; 10-19-2011 at 07:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »