Home

Is the saftey position important to you?

This is a discussion on Is the saftey position important to you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
Rookie

DaMenace18's Arena

OVR: 0
Is the saftey position important to you?

I used to think that safeties is the most useless position in the defensive side in madden because I could still get a ton of INT's with low rating safeties like Rashad Jones, Marcus Gillchrist, etc.

UNTIL recently,

I played with the ravens a few times online and then Ed Reed proved me wrong. The guy made hits/tackles left & right, and whenever the ball came towards his way it was a guaranteed pick. Even when i wasn't controlling, thanks to his high awareness i could trust the A.I to make a play with him.

Im starting to believe there is a major difference of performance between a high rated safety and a low rated one.

So my question is do you value safeties just as much as CBS, D-line and LB's?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #2
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Is the saftey position important to you?

Definitely. Usually my safeties are the most important playmakers on my team in Madden. Speed/coverage for my FS, and Pursuit/tackling for the SS.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Safeties, especially FS, always seem to involve themselves a lot in my games.

Reed is more a tackler than a ball hawk a lot of times. Tanard Jackson on TB is the same way.

I think safeties are important. That's why I hate the Ravens' SS. They SUCK. They get burnt deep, don't make picks, and are only decent tacklers, and that's with Zbikowski being a big hitter.

Ray Lewis covers people better than the strong safeties on this team. I hate it.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
Pro

yankees028's Arena

I love tall fast SS that can hit.

Bigby and Sands are my two fav so far this year

Former COD Pro / Streamer: xSiQx / CSn1pe
Old 10-19-2011, 05:24 PM   #5
Rookie

DaMenace18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Safeties, especially FS, always seem to involve themselves a lot in my games.

Reed is more a tackler than a ball hawk a lot of times. Tanard Jackson on TB is the same way.

I think safeties are important. That's why I hate the Ravens' SS. They SUCK. They get burnt deep, don't make picks, and are only decent tacklers, and that's with Zbikowski being a big hitter.

Ray Lewis covers people better than the strong safeties on this team. I hate it.

Nahh. Check his stats out. Ed Reed has 82 catch or something and 93 jumping which is defiantly a center fielder type safety.

Haha as a ravens fan i totally agree with you. Im not a Zbikowski fan.

Yeah because of Ray's high awareness you don't even need to control him, which is why i control with reed.

Has anyone tried T.J ward out? would you take him over Tanard Jackson at SS?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMenace18
Nahh. Check his stats out. Ed Reed has 82 catch or something and 93 jumping which is defiantly a center fielder type safety.
Yeah, I know he's rated like a ball hawk, but a lot of times, he's getting in there in run support too - sometimes in the top 3 in tackles (though some of that is tackling WR).

I don't blitz him either (want him patrolling those deep zones). It might be his AWR doing that too - he's sees run coming toward his edge and he comes up to try to stop it.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:51 PM   #7
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Yeah, I know he's rated like a ball hawk, but a lot of times, he's getting in there in run support too - sometimes in the top 3 in tackles (though some of that is tackling WR).

I don't blitz him either (want him patrolling those deep zones). It might be his AWR doing that too - he's sees run coming toward his edge and he comes up to try to stop it.
Very true, Reed is an underrated tackler. He might not finish the play by tackling the ballcarrier but he's always one of the first to slow him down in any play. Also he's a fearless tackler despite his size. At least in real life.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #8
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMenace18

Haha as a ravens fan i totally agree with you. Im not a Zbikowski fan.

Yeah because of Ray's high awareness you don't even need to control him, which is why i control with reed.

Has anyone tried T.J ward out? would you take him over Tanard Jackson at SS?
TJ Ward is a monster in this game. True enforcer at safety, he's not bad in coverage either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »