Home

What improvements in commentary and audio in general have you noticed post patch?

This is a discussion on What improvements in commentary and audio in general have you noticed post patch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2011, 05:08 PM   #9
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: What improvements in commentary and audio in general have you noticed post patch?

Tebow is refered to as Timmy Tebow during introductions but #15 otherwise and at last check none of the Pats runningbacks have names. I know our run game isn't great but BJGE ran for 1,000 yards last year and Woodhead had a breakout season, but still #42 and #39.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:02 PM   #10
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What improvements in commentary and audio in general have you noticed post patch?

It is still by far the weakest play by play/color commentary in sports titles.

I hardly noticed any real improvement post patch. And I just shut it off. I can't take hearing about Karlos Dansby and Brandon Marshall every stinking game for two seasons now. It really is a shame how bad it is.

Like everyone knows it does need a massive overhaul to get to the level of 2K and The Show (and people think The Show is bland). I never played 2K baseball but have heard glowing reviews of their play by play and color.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
It is still by far the weakest play by play/color commentary in sports titles.

I hardly noticed any real improvement post patch. And I just shut it off. I can't take hearing about Karlos Dansby and Brandon Marshall every stinking game for two seasons now. It really is a shame how bad it is.

Like everyone knows it does need a massive overhaul to get to the level of 2K and The Show (and people think The Show is bland). I never played 2K baseball but have heard glowing reviews of their play by play and color.
Hey hey now, im a dolphin's fan and in my online league im 12-0 with the dolphins. Lol, yes, a shocker. Oh yeah, NBA 2k12 doesn't the same thing when calling people by number's instead of their name. Last night I played somebody who had the Lakers and Lamar Odom hit a 3. I was shocked but then I was even more shocked when it said #7 for three. I was like wtf. LOL. Then I played somebody with the suns and in the starting line up it said stoudamire at the PF. Again, I was like wtf. Even lot's of people on the official 2k website have the same problems so 2k basketball this year isn't exempt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2011, 08:28 AM   #12
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

LOL. Well I have not seen too many issues with "2K11" I can't comment on 2K12 as I have not picked that title up yet.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-23-2011, 08:07 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
The audio "popping" sound is still there. ..
I turned the commentary completely off (set to 0) and have played a couple games without the loud pop.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:24 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze88
Tebow is refered to as Timmy Tebow during introductions but #15 otherwise and at last check none of the Pats runningbacks have names. I know our run game isn't great but BJGE ran for 1,000 yards last year and Woodhead had a breakout season, but still #42 and #39.
I heard Vereen like three times,in one game never again though. It was in a 9ers offline franchise, he got cut in pre season i signed him as a back up. Gore got hurt for like 10 weeks in week1. One game i ran like 6 straight plays designed for Vereen, not all runs, but two plays in a row they said Vereen instead of his number. I was stunned thought i was hearing stuff they said it again 2 plays later.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:27 PM   #15
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Some players have their whole name in the game and not their last name. It'll say Eric Decker. But also it'll say number 83. Same with Tebow. They're full names are in the game. Just not individual last names.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoonie05
Hey hey now, im a dolphin's fan and in my online league im 12-0 with the dolphins. Lol, yes, a shocker. Oh yeah, NBA 2k12 doesn't the same thing when calling people by number's instead of their name. Last night I played somebody who had the Lakers and Lamar Odom hit a 3. I was shocked but then I was even more shocked when it said #7 for three. I was like wtf. LOL. Then I played somebody with the suns and in the starting line up it said stoudamire at the PF. Again, I was like wtf. Even lot's of people on the official 2k website have the same problems so 2k basketball this year isn't exempt.
WRONG!!! At least not on offline, I'm playing a 2k12 franchise game pretty much every day, they call Odom by name all the time, even have at least 7 different stories about Odom, and NOT one mixed up starting lineup on commentary, but then again I don't play online 2k12, but offline for NBA2K12 commentary is the best ever, Madden12 commentary offline is the worst ever, just the way it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »