Home

What improvements in commentary and audio in general have you noticed post patch?

This is a discussion on What improvements in commentary and audio in general have you noticed post patch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
What improvements in commentary and audio in general have you noticed post patch?

Ryan Mathews isn't called "#24", and Gus says "Mathews" now.
Aj Green
Julio Jones
Cam Newton

Crowd noise seems more appropriate and they respond to challenges correctly now.

I'm not hearing commentary about big pass plays after the kick return anymore.

What else have you guys noticed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: What improvements in commentary and audio in general have you noticed post patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Ryan Mathews isn't called "#24", and Gus says "Mathews" now.
Aj Green
Julio Jones
Cam Newton

Crowd noise seems more appropriate and they respond to challenges correctly now.

I'm not hearing commentary about big pass plays after the kick return anymore.

What else have you guys noticed?
Very minor things, seems like the commentary is slightly more on time with what is going on, on the field. Mark Ingram and Martez Wilson are both called by their names. The PA announcer seems to be a little louder.

I haven't really noticed a difference in the crowd. The audio "popping" sound is still there. The announcer's still say "Drew Brees has just made his 90 reception of the season" after a completed pass??? I also noticed when I put Jonathan Baldwin in as my number one receiver, when Brees and Baldwin were coming out of the tunnel the announcers said "your starting WR and your starting QB" instead of "Drew Brees" and "Jonathan Baldwin" not sure if it was me pulling Colston out that caused the generic announcement or what...
Old 10-19-2011, 09:33 PM   #3
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Re: What improvements in commentary and audio in general have you noticed post patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
Very minor things, seems like the commentary is slightly more on time with what is going on, on the field. Mark Ingram and Martez Wilson are both called by their names. The PA announcer seems to be a little louder.

I haven't really noticed a difference in the crowd. The audio "popping" sound is still there. The announcer's still say "Drew Brees has just made his 90 reception of the season" after a completed pass??? I also noticed when I put Jonathan Baldwin in as my number one receiver, when Brees and Baldwin were coming out of the tunnel the announcers said "your starting WR and your starting QB" instead of "Drew Brees" and "Jonathan Baldwin" not sure if it was me pulling Colston out that caused the generic announcement or what...
I think that's because Baldwin plays for the Chiefs and Dwayne Bowe is their number 1 receiver not Baldwin.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

I never noticed before the patch the home crowd booing the team if the qb throws an interception.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #5
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I think that's because Baldwin plays for the Chiefs and Dwayne Bowe is their number 1 receiver not Baldwin.
Yeah I know except Baldwin plays for the Saints now and is theie number one receiver along with Brees at QB. I would like to believe heading into the year 2012 that EA can at least get the programming right to have the actual starting QB and WR on the depth chart announced by their names coming out of the tunnel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2011, 04:54 PM   #6
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
Yeah I know except Baldwin plays for the Saints now and is theie number one receiver along with Brees at QB. I would like to believe heading into the year 2012 that EA can at least get the programming right to have the actual starting QB and WR on the depth chart announced by their names coming out of the tunnel.

i think its a glitch in game that either they cant fix or they wont fix because i have put different players @ #1 spot and in the intro all i get is #1 wr but yet they say the players name in game like massaquoi and little even in MUT all i get is starting rb and #1 wr so maybe only so many players names are programmed into the intro's.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:31 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

MANY MANY MANY numbers are still being called, the really haven't done anything to the numbers for names glitch.

Tebow is still called 15, many players with the bucs are still called by numbers, it's an absolute mess and just lazy. How come this was not a major problem last year????

I guess I shouldn't be suprised.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #8
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Still many of the same issues, I still hear the pop in between commentary. I was playing a game against the Raiders, I was the Chargers and I had a incomplete 3rd down pass and so as I was getting ready to punt the ball, Gus then decides to say it was a incomplete pass and oddly when I down the ball, it catches right back up and he says "the ball is down at 3 yard line."

Since Palmer has been added back, and he is the starting QB, when the Raiders offense came on the field, Gus says "and now taking the field is the Quarterback" and doesn't say Carson Palmer. Yet Phillip Rivers gets his usual bit about being from NC State and such but Palmer is referred to as "The Quarterback."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »