Home

Old 10-20-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Roy Helu

This guy is an absolute MONSTER! almost every game im down, 3rd and long, Shotgun HB draw. He scores or an outside pitch for a long gain. He is the most underrated player in madden. He is my starting running back now, traded away hightower and torain is my backup. perfect 1-2 punch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2011, 10:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Roy Helu

Nice, I like hearing about these under-rated players that slip under the radar but can actually have big impacts on games.

I really like Kendall Hunter from the 49ers as well, a nice little back that can make some plays
Old 10-21-2011, 12:29 AM   #3
Rookie

If we are talking running backs, then Helu is the best underrated one. Noel Devine is great so long as you are playing the game. In simulations he is horrible.

Greg Little and Jonathan Baldwin are good 70s receivers.

Tony Moeaki is one of the greatest TEs in the game, he is high 70s I think. He is the middle-class man's Vernon Davis.

As far as QBs go... Hmmm... Nate Davis is my obvious favorite underrated player. But Ryan Mallet's arm strength is hard to ignore; if he is having a good game, he is unbeatable. When Madden decides he is going to do bad though, watch out.

Defensively, Pacman Jones is a great underrated DB, but he is short so sometimes that gets him in trouble. Demarcus Van **** (EDIT: This is blurred. It is supposed to be D-Y-K-E) is fast enough to make up for his mistakes, but also decent enough to be good as a slot DB.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
Rookie

also John Beck is underrated, i bumped his Throw power from 79 to 86 and deep accuracy from 61 to 67. He can have really good games. I downgraded Rex to a 70 overall, because he is a terrible QB.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
Banned

Redskins_Hokies's Arena

Helu single handedly won me a game. I was down 35-17 start of the 2nd half.....won 55-35
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2011, 10:34 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

In my franchise I traded for rookie RB Ryan Williams and he's played really well for me. I don't use him that much, as I only have him subbing in to replace Blount. But the combination of those two works really well. I pound the ball with Blount and then give it to Williams for a few plays and he will usually gain 7-8 yards a carry when I do that. He's also very good at receiving so I run lots of screens to him that always seem to pay off. In one game where Blount was struggling and he got the workload he finished with 10 carries for 73 yards and 1 TD, and also 3 receptions for 93 yards and 1 TD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »