Home

rating carson palmer accordingly

This is a discussion on rating carson palmer accordingly within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2011, 12:48 AM   #9
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: rating carson palmer accordingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by il blood il
agreed...hes no shape or form an all pro by any means...not anymore...
Are you Palmer's Trainer? Have you been scouting him? How do you know what kind of shape he is in. The Bengals wanted him back a great deal, obviously they still thought he could play.

To answer the OP, while 97 might be a bit high, I say 92ish would be good THP.

If you remember they have scaled ratings downs since back then and you should take that into account.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:31 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

Does upping his potential even do anything at this point? Carson is gonna be 32 this year. To be honest I'm not taking anyone's word that he is back to form yet. What are TJ or TO supposed to say when asked how Palmer has looked? "Oh I guess he seems a little better, but two 1st round picks good??? naaaah he won't even be back in football shape until probably week 10." ?

Seems like it would be more legit if you only bump his stats a bit instead of going all out with madden 08 ratings. Being thrown onto a team in mid season at his age I can't realistically see him performing (rated) better than what a solid Jason Campbell was doing so far.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:55 AM   #11
Rookie

It really doesn't matter if he is an A or B. He is 32 years old and the odds of him progressing to 90+ in franchise is virtually impossible. I guarantee if he wins every award and breaks every record, it won't happen because of his age. So to sum up, his potential doesn't matter at this point in his career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2011, 07:04 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Elbow injury or not, if you think Carson Palmer has 85 throwing power then you've obviously never seen him play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuma
Are you Palmer's Trainer? Have you been scouting him? How do you know what kind of shape he is in. The Bengals wanted him back a great deal, obviously they still thought he could play.

To answer the OP, while 97 might be a bit high, I say 92ish would be good THP.

If you remember they have scaled ratings downs since back then and you should take that into account.
Oops...look like I wasn't off at all, I even overrated the bum.

I would even go as far to say his Accuracy is between 72-75 after watching this debacle.

Check his Stats from today on NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201110...&pbp=gc-pbp-cd
Old 10-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #13
Banned

He could very well prove me wrong in a couple of weeks, but this could go down as one of the worst trades in history.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikeKing
He could very well prove me wrong in a couple of weeks, but this could go down as one of the worst trades in history.
The Raiders had no other choice and the Bengals knew it. They didn't want to spoil a start in a season where they could easily win the division. It will be worth it for the Raiders if they can somehow make it to the playoffs. Palmer isn't as bad as he played today. He'll be better as he develops a better feel for the playbook, communication with his receivers, and gains his NFL timing back... he'll have some decent games, but nothing of all-pro or probowl caliber. He's a game manager at this point.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:29 PM   #15
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoisePanther
Oops...look like I wasn't off at all, I even overrated the bum.

I would even go as far to say his Accuracy is between 72-75 after watching this debacle.

Check his Stats from today on NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201110...&pbp=gc-pbp-cd
I was talking about his throwing power and if you think that you can judge him off of a game in which he was unexpectedly thrown in, on a brand new team after three days of practice and six weeks out of the game, then I don't know what to tell you. I'll refrain from the insults, but this wouldn't be the time to gloat with such a small sample size.

Last edited by Senator Palmer; 10-23-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I was talking about his throwing power and if you think that you can judge him off of a game in which he was unexpectedly thrown in, on a brand new team after three days of practice and six weeks out of the game, then I don't know what to tell you. I'll refrain from the insults, but this wouldn't be the time to gloat with such a small sample size.
It's nothing about gloating...it's about being honest and realistic. His accuracy and reads were absolutely horrible. He had ZERO zip on the ball, either.

No accuracy, no throwing power, no awareness...just the same ol' Carson "The Bum" Palmer.

Raiders got jobbed in the Trade, good move for the Bengals, just can't believe they went for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »