Home

What Type of Offense Do you Run?

This is a discussion on What Type of Offense Do you Run? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What Type of Offense Do you Run?

I've been experiencing success in year 2 of my franchise mode with the Seahawks.

I drafted (and now start) a QB that has good short accuracy and good legs, so I make use of it.

I pound it up the middle with Lynch, the guy's a beast, always falls forward and gains that extra 1-2 yards. I also throw slants over the middle and short curls over the middle.

This will cause the other team's D to stack 8 in the box, and the corners/safeties will also creep in closer to the middle of the field, that's when I bring in Steve Slaton on some off-tackle and stretch running to get on the outside, and hit some short out routes with Rice and Williams.

There's not really a name for it, but it is basically all about setting up for those outside routes, because those are the ones that break it for 6.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:16 AM   #10
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Myself I like to run the basic pro offense, HB, FB, TE, 2WR. Run the ball first most of the time, try to setup playaction passes. But I will spread the defense out if that is not getting the job done.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:59 AM   #11
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i like to run the ball to set up the pass game i use all my back's just not peyton hillis trying to get the best match up in the different formations i run out of.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

Is there a good spread style offense?

Looking for good 3 and 4 WR sets, with WR screen plays.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:07 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97

Buffalo and Detroit playbook is nice. Both have the pistol formation as well which is pretty cool for an NFL team.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:40 AM   #14
Rookie

Winking_Wesley's Arena

OVR: 1

I run very heavily with an occasional short to medium throw over the middle. I try to run at least 60% of the time. I do this because it wears down defenses and controls the clock. If you can learn how to do it it's an unbeatable tactic.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:33 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97

The Patriots playbook is your friend. Its pretty much the Air Raid version of the Spread. A lot of getting 5 players out into patterns, High-Low combos, horizontal and vertical streches. Plus they have TE screens, WR srceens w/ TE motioning to block, bubble screens. Id say this is what you'd want to take a look at.

Xbox Live - SaveUs D2J
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2011, 04:59 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winking_Wesley
I run very heavily with an occasional short to medium throw over the middle. I try to run at least 60% of the time. I do this because it wears down defenses and controls the clock. If you can learn how to do it it's an unbeatable tactic.
Same for me. The only difference is rather that do a lot of short throws, my passes lean towards deep play action routes. It's the most effective way to make the whole CPU comeback at the end of games complaint some people have mentioned nonexistent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »